Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Owner

Mrs Pins

Mrs Pins

Vehicle
Looking to buy
We are due to pick up our nearly new California in April. Very excited I must say.

One question I would like to ask and maybe you think it's a daft one.

But here goes...the wardrobe at the back has slatted sliding doors.I noticed that they had 'industrial' type tape on them on the inside. Does this need to be there and is it ok to remove?

It sounds to me like someone has repaired them in which case I would leave it on. Enjoy your new cali:thumb

Welcome! :welcome:welcome
The "Industrial Tape"? I am not certain but I have a feeling the tape is part of the flexible strength of the slatted doors. The doors are not really slatted more like rolling desk top only vertical. I suggest you leave the tape well alone.

It sounds to me like someone has repaired them in which case I would leave it on. Enjoy your new cali:thumb
In the German video demonstration there didn't appear to be any tape. The van has only 4k on the clock so it's hardly repaired :)

Welcome! :welcome:welcome
The "Industrial Tape"? I am not certain but I have a feeling the tape is part of the flexible strength of the slatted doors. The doors are not really slatted more like rolling desk top only vertical. I suggest you leave the tape well alone.

Exactly. The flexible tape will be holding the slats together. I would not recommend removing it.

There used to be lots of sliding doors that would go broken in time on the first Cali's .
Those you could repaired DIY with ducttape and sortlike tape .
Now VW just put tape on it from factory , nothing to worry about.
BTW , welcome on your first post.

Last edited:
Hello Mrs Pins, got the same tape in my wardrobe and renew it myself after a while.
Welcome and let the fun begin!

Agree. Same tape and I added 2 more lengths as extra support.

It's there to keep slats together we had a T5 and had a problem with one of the slats coming apart leave it in place

I left the tape in place,

I broke the locking clips instead :D

Back