Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New owner

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi everyone,
Just got my new Cali Ocean #739 of the limited 30th anniversary edition.
Am situated in Corcubion, Spain, near Fisterra, which literally means "The End of the Earth," and am going on my first trip with it next week to the Algarve and then on to Andalucia.
Can't wait!
Martin

The Algarve is lovely most months of the year....Remember to stay off the toll roads unless you have deep pockets....Yes and fill your tank in Spain not Portugal.lol.....

Hi Peter,
Yes, there are tolls on most major highways in Europe, so there's no escaping it if you want to get from A to B in a reasonable period of time.
I'll stick to the secondary roads once I hit Lisbon.
The rainy season has started here now and the reason I bought the van is to escape to better climes from November to May/June.

IMO reasonable tolls on highways pay for themselves in much reduced wear and tear on the vehicle and far better gas mileage, not to mention a more relaxed driving experience.

We never ever use toll roads....Part of the reason we go to France, Spain and Portugal is to see the country and that’s something you just don’t see on toll roads/motorways....Portugal we find it’s faster to get their by EasyJet. Lol...

I agree. For the past 20 years I've been exploring Europe on motorcycles and only took highways when I needed to cover large distances to get to the place I wanted to take my time to explore.
Now it's time to travel in comfort...

Its been the same for us. Since early 2000 we came on a Hayabusa... Got fed up with getting wet so 4 years ago bought a California... We dont have to be on the constant lookout for Hotels now. Theres campsites everywhere...And you dont get wet...