Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New prices for T6.1 & information?

Gelato

Gelato

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Have been told that hopefully prices and information on the T6.1 will be released in the next 2x weeks. Hope this happens my wife and I can then start to look at the possible spec of our first California Ocean. Would like to see one as well but not sure how we will be able to do that yet. Had hoped that VW would have a T6.1 at the NEC caravan show but sounds like they will only have a T6 and the Grand. Looking on this forum for spec options and can't believe the choice, going to take a long time I think to work out what we would like on our first California!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I look forward to seeing the T6.1 price, spec and options list but knowing VW, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see it for another couple of months yet.

I know it's not quite the same but I don't recall seeing confirmation of the price for the UK Grand Cali yet.

Hi. Has it been confirmed the 6.1 won’t be at the NEC? Seems like a huge missed opportunity. No point in showing a 6 as you can’t order them. I was told by the vw online help that uk prices will be mid to late Oct. first deliveries March/April

A dealer I spoke to had been in conversation with the VW marketing UK head and told they will not be showing a T6.1 at the NEC, think a very odd decision especially as VW have not exhibited at this show before!

A dealer I spoke to had been in conversation with the VW marketing UK head and told they will not be showing a T6.1 at the NEC, think a very odd decision especially as VW have not exhibited at this show before!
It's especially odd as at the rate they are clearing the final few T6s, they they have to borrow one back to display. I suspect they will find a new (. 1) one to bring.

Yeh. I’ve just been getting prices for last built 6 stock. £10k off a mega top spec ocean 4Motion. Not enough to bite. Still chancing my arm on at least some discount on 6.1. It’s a risk though

The dealer was surprised as well, he was going to go along to the show to have a look at one as well, he hasn't seen or received any info on the T6.1 yet! We are going along to the NEC as would love to buy our first California Ocean, so waiting for the T6.1, seen a few videos and like the changes they have made. We are hoping that VW might at the last minute have a T6.1 at the show :)

Yeh. I’ve just been getting prices for last built 6 stock. £10k off a mega top spec ocean 4Motion. Not enough to bite. Still chancing my arm on at least some discount on 6.1. It’s a risk though
Yes, it is a risk.
By the time the T6-1 starts to arrive next year the current stock of new or nearly new T6s will have all but dried up. I suspect that dealers will be short of stock for some time until production of the new model catches up. At the same time there's nothing to suggest that demand for the Cali shouldn't remain strong. Under those circumstances why would dealers want or need to offer discounts. They probably will but they won't be anything much.
Given the good discounts being offered on current models combined with the price increases expected with the T6-1 and the likely meagre discounts, it's my guess that there will be high price to be paid for waiting.

Just had an email through, saying the current Ocean will be on display. Poor really if they don't drive a 6.1 over to show

ECD111E8-4449-4A04-BC4D-D04A4EB73484.jpeg

The dealer was surprised as well, he was going to go along to the show to have a look at one as well, he hasn't seen or received any info on the T6.1 yet! We are going along to the NEC as would love to buy our first California Ocean, so waiting for the T6.1, seen a few videos and like the changes they have made. We are hoping that VW might at the last minute have a T6.1 at the show :)
We are in the same boat

Yes, it is a risk.
By the time the T6-1 starts to arrive next year the current stock of new or nearly new T6s will have all but dried up. I suspect that dealers will be short of stock for some time until production of the new model catches up. At the same time there's nothing to suggest that demand for the Cali shouldn't remain strong. Under those circumstances why would dealers want or need to offer discounts. They probably will but they won't be anything much.
Given the good discounts being offered on current models combined with the price increases expected with the T6-1 and the likely meagre discounts, it's my guess that there will be high price to be paid for waiting.
Waiting for the 6.1 may be pretty crazy. Optimistic delivery April 2020 (if there are no delays in production) I estimate it’s going to cost £10-15k to wait for a 6.1 against a 6 with like for like spec. Is it worth it? That’s personal choice but I do like the new green

Waiting for the 6.1 may be pretty crazy. Optimistic delivery April 2020 (if there are no delays in production) I estimate it’s going to cost £10-15k to wait for a 6.1 against a 6 with like for like spec. Is it worth it? That’s personal choice but I do like the new green
Well it's down to personal choice I suppose and whether a buyer feels that the changes are worth the extra outlay.

Well it's down to personal choice I suppose and whether a buyer feels that the changes are worth the extra outlay.

Indeed. Not sure if 6.1 will hold value longer term than a 6. I suppose the next gen will be full electric.

I just don’t like the current colours. New ones are more what I’m looking for

Indeed. Not sure if 6.1 will hold value longer term than a 6. I suppose the next gen will be full electric.

I just don’t like the current colours. New ones are more what I’m looking for
I have to agree on the colours. I've always felt that most were dull and boring. We had Acapulco Blue before which IMO is the best of the bunch. The one we have just ordered is white over dark blue. That's not bad but again VW haven't gone mad with the duo colour options either. It's time they started offering colour schemes that compliment the free spirited camper van lifestyle.

I have to agree on the colours. I've always felt that most were dull and boring. We had Acapulco Blue before which IMO is the best of the bunch. The one we have just ordered is white over dark blue. That's not bad but again VW haven't gone mad with the duo colour options either. It's time they started offering colour schemes that compliment the free spirited camper van lifestyle.
Two tone definitely adds some interest. For £3k

Yeah i agree. Was surprised they continued with Indium Grey, a new model should at least have a different variation of grey!

We are thinking duo colour (our first California purchase) we hope to keep this for a few years, so we are hoping to buy the T6.1. I'm sure we could save money on a T6 but we don't want, in a couple of years time, to wish we had gone for the new model and also it is too late now to select exactly the spec we would like. We will be towing so the possible next model (hybrid) would probably not be ideal for us!

VW have updated the UK website with information on the T6.1 and the Grand California - no prices for either though!

VW have updated the UK website with information on the T6.1 and the Grand California - no prices for either though!

Ah yes! Good spot. So that confirms no beach in the UK now? Just coast and ocean?

Also, the list of features for each is odd. For example, under the ocean, privacy glass, awning, discovery media with digital cockpit, adaptive cruise is listed. Does this mean they are standard?

There‘re keeping the price list firmly inside the velvet glove!

If that is the base Ocean spec above, its going to be ££££ without options
Probably a bit Cheaper than a T6 with all those Options apart from the Digital Dashboard.
It seems with each year although the Base Price increases a variety of Options become Standard fitments.

Back