Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New QTM Carpets - Rear Seat and drawer will not slide forward

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Santa gave me some QTM carpets for our Cali, unfortunately, we are now unable to slide the rear seat forward to make the bed or transport long bits and pieces from the builders merchants. The under seat drawer is also very difficult to open.

Has anyone else experienced problems sliding their rear seat forward or opening the drawer following the fitting of carpets?

There is also the very narrow strip of carpet by the sliding door, I thought this might have a few Velcro's sewn to it to secure it but nothing, I can see this becoming a bit of a trip hazard, any suggestions?

Whilst on the subject of the QTM carpets, I should also point out that whilst the fit of the carpet sections is great, I am a bit disappointed with the quality, there are already signs of wear by the pedals so will probably have to cover them with rubber matts, not good considering we have only done one trip to Cornwall andf back since Christmas.

Many thanks,

Andrew.

We ordered a set of prestige in November and had the same problem and it ended up leaving deep lines in the carpet from where the seat went back and forth so we tried to send them back but all emails went unanswered.

When i got my set in December i seem to recall they only do the rear set up to 900g as above that they originally found issues with the seat not moving.

I've got the prestige/deluxe 900g set and once installed i've not had any issues. The carpets also came with velcro pad to attached where needed.

I’ve just bought a qtm rear mat (deluxe quality) and the seat/ drawer move just fine for me. Worrying to hear about poor durability

When i got my set in December i seem to recall they only do the rear set up to 900g as above that they originally found issues with the seat not moving.

I've got the prestige/deluxe 900g set and once installed i've not had any issues. The carpets also came with velcro pad to attached where needed.

I am wondering whether or not we actually received the delux 900g version? I was thinking they would be a more velour finish but there is a textured corduroy to ours. What are others like?

Was the Velcro sewn to the carpets or sticky back?

Thanks for the responses.

Velcro was sticky back circles and squares to be applied as needed.

I just bought some 20mm Velcro sticky pads from eBay for mine, they work well, nothing moves.

Mine are 900g weight, no problems with rear seat clearance.

Only issue I have had with mine was the rubberized backing leaving little black 'tar' spots on the van floor after a 3 week trip to France - maybe the heat. Took a while to find the right solvent to get them off.

Sorted,

The rear seat mounted tool box is mounted on oval shaped holescut and was at the lowest point, raised the toolbox slightly and the seat now slides fine.

Thanks for your input everyone.

Andrew.

Back