Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New reg

Choice 1 or 2

Votes: 2 13.3%

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
Personally i would have something else with your name in it or something, so when you sell you can transfer it , we have had our private reg on 7 different motor homes , campers again as said each for there own seen a plate the other day with something like E TYPE on the other day wonder what that was on ??? Ford Kuga , come down in the world a bit

No, No, No.
A "DUB" is a VW Beetle.
A "BUZ" is an electric VW van.
VW Vans are known as a "BUS" in Europe and the US.
A Cali is a VW van.
Therefore a CALI is a "BUS" !

VW -- DUB Is not available.
VW -- CALI How do you get it ?

Your Avatar name is Doboliverpool.
How about DD60 BUS or DOO8 BUS.
Available from DVLA, £250. Cheap as chips!

SU51BUS
I’m so pleased to see this post!

When we first ordered a Cali, we bought a cheap BUZ plate, based on the Buzz Lightyear saying “To infinity and beyond” as this was the plan for the van. We had no idea about the ID Buzz at that time. We then cancelled the van order so put the reg on our new car. Skip forward a bit, we ordered a new Cali and bought a BUS plate so the van would match the car.

That’s w
Shouldn’t pass an MOT….
That’s where 2 sets of plates comes in.
It’s much more prevalent on bikes . Put the standard plate on for the mot then change it after. Happens all the time.

That’s w

That’s where 2 sets of plates comes in.
It’s much more prevalent on bikes . Put the standard plate on for the mot then change it after. Happens all the time.
And of course the same with the silencer on many motorbikes and boy racer's rides, off with the ludicrously loud one and back on with the factory standard device, just for the MOT.

With respect, you're right. DVLA and all those rules and regulations. No altering the letter and number spacing. No black plastic bolt heads to help. I thought it would be better after we became a Sovereign Nation.
Could you explain further?
As far as I am aware the regulations regarding letters and spaces etc: is to do with ANPR cameras .

Could you explain further?
As far as I am aware the regulations regarding letters and spaces etc: is to do with ANPR cameras .
Could I explain further?
Well, with respect you're right.
Checking and recording information on vehicle movements is controlled by the APNR cameras. The Government has ultimate control over the APNR system, under statutory regulation through the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.
As we were promised more freedom from regulations after became a Sovereign Nation. The cameras, which must have the capability to be adjusted to read other layouts of digits, that could be stated on the vehicle's V5C, thus allowing us more freedom over our vehicle registration numbers.
This freedom would surely be appreciated by a considerable number of people who have tried to adjust the spacing of their vehicle registration digits. A number that seems to be decreasing, no doubt due to police suppression.

And of course the same with the silencer on many motorbikes and boy racer's rides, off with the ludicrously loud one and back on with the factory standard device, just for the MOT.
Boy racer.Yeah. There is no such thing when the average bike rider is in his (Or Her) 40s Or 50s..I have standard cans and an Akrapovic for sound and performance. Like 90% of riders.

Could I explain further?
Well, with respect you're right.
Checking and recording information on vehicle movements is controlled by the APNR cameras. The Government has ultimate control over the APNR system, under statutory regulation through the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.
As we were promised more freedom from regulations after became a Sovereign Nation. The cameras, which must have the capability to be adjusted to read other layouts of digits, that could be stated on the vehicle's V5C, thus allowing us more freedom over our vehicle registration numbers.
This freedom would surely be appreciated by a considerable number of people who have tried to adjust the spacing of their vehicle registration digits. A number that seems to be decreasing, no doubt due to police suppression.
I don't think that is an EU regulation/Law so has nothing to do with our Sovereign status. As 99.9% of vehicles have regulation number plates by any way or means the 0.1% of owners are breaking the Law.

To get my initials and 1 it would cost in the region of Quarter of a million £. Easier to get a. Couple of plates made up and take the risk. Just say you didn’t know that someone swopped them..

people who have tried to adjust the spacing of their vehicle registration digits. A number that seems to be decreasing, no doubt due to police suppression.
I do find the psychology of these people fascinating. I can only assume they drive about thinking “the guy behind me must think my plate is cool as f**k” when in actual fact the guy behind is thinking anything from “never even noticed “ through “couldn’t give a toss” and up to “what a sad t***t”.

I do find the psychology of these people fascinating. I can only assume they drive about thinking “the guy behind me must think my plate is cool as f**k” when in actual fact the guy behind is thinking anything from “never even noticed “ through “couldn’t give a toss” and up to “what a sad t***t”.
No different to the guy driving around in a new Ferrari, Lamborghini or even a new California. Most think Flash git. If you are doing it to impress then don’t bother. If you are doing it for yourself then good on you.

Got my plate as could never remember reg when booking on campsites in France years ago.
Plus I like that people scratch there heads and have been asked loads of time what age the Cali/silver joker and now new one is:upsidedown