Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Rims

Lloydfred

Lloydfred

2010 2.0 140ps California SE Fresco Green
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi I'm thinking about upgrading my original rims for something with a little more kerb appeal. I keep coming back to this style, but I'm not sure about the gun metal with gloss black inner rim. So what do you think how will this suit my colour.

IMG_20171028_113909.jpg

Screenshot_20171116-203959_01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sad
I think it will look good not a million miles from the silver of the factory 16"s

Go for it, but if your after the look, you may also want to lower it slightly as larger wheels can sometimes give it the taller look :Nailbiting

I agree I'm looking at having the VW lowering kit done, think it's about 30mm

I agree I'm looking at having the VW lowering kit done, think it's about 30mm
Yea it’s is, I had it done on mine and sure it will be same for T5. In fact it is as I got the original springs back in the lowering springs box. The box had a T5 lowering springs and part number on the side. Original springs went on certain auction site as well. 50 sheets. Not to shabby.

Be careful with those though. Kerb damage would be difficult to repair.

Like these also

Screenshot_20171116-213925_01.jpg

It's great having a good choice of rims like most vw's have ,,,take ur time and choose well..... you need around a 40 to 45 offset

I prefer the second set personally FWIW.

There are a lot of threads about wheels & lowering kits, but I'm happy I did mine - transforms the look of the van. Ride is firmer & more positive, much less roll on slip roads & roundabouts. The front suspension bottoms out more easily though, have to approach speed bumps much more carefully now to avoid an "ooofff" moment.

I would avoid diamond cut. I have them on another vehicle and you need to be super careful with them and clean them regular.
Plus, damage repair costs are high.

Im thinking of a change too.
Quite like these 18s

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 16.46.12.png

Only thing I found that you need to be careful about is with narrow, spindly type, spokes wheels when fitted you tend to see too much of the calipers and discs. your eyes are drawn through missing the wheel which isn't the object.

You didn't say which size but 8" width with a 255 tyre should be safe from kerbing, 235 leaves a big risk. of kerb scuffing or worse.

As mentioned above be wary of diamond cut wheels, not a DIY repair as I found on my Wife's car. they have to stripped, recut, painted and laquered. Most end up being just spray painted.

[QUOTE="B J G, post: 249011, member: 12512] 235 leaves a big risk. of kerb scuffing or worse.[/QUOTE]

No. Bad driving causes kerb scuffing.

[QUOTE="B J G, post: 249011, member: 12512] 235 leaves a big risk. of kerb scuffing or worse.

No. Bad driving causes kerb scuffing.[/QUOTE]
Usually by idiots who drive at you forcing avoiding action on narrow roads, option loose a mirror or avoid. Even so on my Wife's Eos with 235 tyres, with rim protection, the 8" wide factory fit wheels made contact with high kerbs before the tyre did.

Look at a T6 standard Cali with 235 tyres on 7" wide rims and you'll see how well the rim is protected, add an inch to the rim and the protection is gone no matter how good a driver you are.

In severe winter conditions ice rut edges can damage an unprotected rim, something rarely seen in most of England. Alpine areas another matter.

Found some Oz Racing Wheels that I think would look awesome with a custom black bike rack.

I was playing about with bronze wheels and rack but I think it might be a bit west coast lol

Screenshot_20171117-233038_01.jpg

I suspect non VW branded may reduce van value - not sure and no evidence to suggest otherwise but it would put me off for a number of reasons

I chose Springfields and they do look good in my opinion

vw-t6-california-01-1024x717.jpg

VW.SPRINGFIELDS.jpg

I would keep the original wheels as my winter set.

Has anyone fitted a set of the black springfields? Would like to see some pics if you have.
As above Diamond Cut rims look nice but are a pain to look after. Great if for summer use only though.

I suspect non VW branded may reduce van value ......."]

Possibly, though I was thinking more for insurance in terms of speccing OE optional wheels rather than after market. I quite fancy the diamond cut Cascavelle's or the Tolucas.

Back