Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New side bars

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Just back from a week in Majorca (playing on a yacht, swimming in 28 degree sea, etc - it was awful ;) ) and now got the van back with a fully repaired side and new side bars. Was initially a little unsure about the chrome look but now I really like it. Makes the van look much lower!

P1010984.jpg

P1010983.jpg

I'm really starting to think I need some of these in my life. :laugh2

Just ordered some for my new grey Berghaus....21 days to go to pick up.....tick, tock, tick, tock,...

:D

The accessories list could have been long ,so was glad to pick my berg up within 2 weeks ... :barmy

we may get side bars ,but just ordered a topper and getting bluetooth and MDI instead of side bars ..

Hmmm Now I like those and they do go well with Grey (which as we all know is the best colour for a Cali right!?!) but I'm not sure Mrs B is going to respond well to me suggesting the outlay.

Maybe Santa will be nice to me

MichaelB said:
Hmmm Now I like those and they do go well with Grey (which as we all know is the best colour for a Cali right!?!) but I'm not sure Mrs B is going to respond well to me suggesting the outlay.

Maybe Santa will be nice to me

1) Stops issues with low walls like we had (this was done along with a fairly major body repair after the wife clipped a low wall!!!)
2) Should prevent "trolley bashing" in supermarket car parks
3) Might slightly protect the underside from damage
4) When highly polished, they could be used as a makeshift make-up mirror... :lol:

I got round it by showing the missus the brochure which says 'they protect the sills' so long as a mod has a use I was OK. One thing i will say though is they do scratch quite easily

Martin said:
I got round it by showing the missus the brochure which says 'they protect the sills' so long as a mod has a use I was OK. One thing i will say though is they do scratch quite easily

I'm having mine fitted on Friday along with a rear view camera - I have a similar approach - it has to have a use! lol.

My only concern is on mine, having 16 inch tree hugger wheels - will they look too small against the side bars.

Have to say though, they look very smart on yours :)

James

Back