Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6 bike rack.

Sheelagh

Sheelagh

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi just back from a weekend away with new T6 rack. All went well until we got back. Now we cannot get the arms undone and the bikes off. We have given up and they are overnighting on the vehicle...

Any ideas I'm thinking hacksaw at this stage. But it's new first time
Out and very expensive to be thinking hacksaw.

Hi just back from a weekend away with new T6 rack. All went well until we got back. Now we cannot get the arms undone and the bikes off. We have given up and they are overnighting on the vehicle...

Any ideas I'm thinking hacksaw at this stage. But it's new first time
Out and very expensive to be thinking hacksaw.
Please describe what is happening in a bit more detail. Double check that the locks have been unlocked correctly otherwise the wheel will turn but it wont slacken

Please describe what is happening in a bit more detail. Double check that the locks have been unlocked correctly otherwise the wheel will turn but it wont slacken

Hi Johny thanks. It is unlocked. But the arrowhead screw turns without releasing the clamp from the bike.

Welcome , can't help on the bikerack as i don't got one .
If it's a all new dealers verhicle and bike rack ....you cold just ask the dealer some help instaed to cut up the rack? simple as that no?

Hi Johny thanks. It is unlocked. But the arrowhead screw turns without releasing the clamp from the bike.

Surely this can't be happening for all the clamps, as the chances of them all simultaneously failing must be close to 0%!

Are you definitely turning the key in the correct direction? I think it turns clockwise to unlock which always feels a bit odd to me.