Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6 features over 2017 vehicle

OConnors

OConnors

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We just picked up our new T6, besides having a DSG we weren't expecting but had apparently ordered it had a few new features we weren't expecting too. Are these all standard now?

Multi function steering wheel
Light in the large cupboard by the fridge
Split sink cooker glass lid top with different hinges
Auto headlights

Anything else new?

If you mean the kitchen cupboards, this light doesn’t turn off automatically and if you forget to turn it off the batteries will drain ...

If you mean the kitchen cupboards, this light doesn’t turn off automatically and if you forget to turn it off the batteries will drain ...
No There is an automatically switched light inside the hanging wardrobe cupboard now. Comes on when the door is opened off when it closes i think, I need a small child to test that out properly

Bigger mirror in the wardrobe and a little holder thing under it?

Towel rails included (not sure if these were in the non split top models)?

And apparently your wing mirror now fold automatically

We just picked up our new T6, besides having a DSG we weren't expecting but had apparently ordered it had a few new features we weren't expecting too. Are these all standard now?

Auto headlights

Anything else new?
All standard. Also, I think much better interior LED lights and a very useful pair of lights in the tailgate (switch on RH D post) are standard. Plus I think all interior lights can be dimmed - keep the switch pressed.

All of the above plus...
You should also have a strip light under the kitchen top that is dimmable and can be set to driving mode or camping mode and LED's in the cupboard. Do you see 2 switches next to the plug socket behind the passenger seat?
Emergency city braking radar too.

The rear view mirror is different too, presumably to accommodate the sensors. It makes putting the windscreen blinds out a tad more difficult. I cant see how the strip light is different, do you mean the main spotlight above the sink?

All standard. Also, I think much better interior LED lights and a very useful pair of lights in the tailgate (switch on RH D post) are standard. Plus I think all interior lights can be dimmed - keep the switch pressed.
That switch has always been on the T6 I think, Certainly on out 16 reg we had.

No Gas strut / Damper on the glass lids.

Depends on what you are comparing to but from your first post regarding split work top I assumed you wouldn't know about this as you never mentioned it...
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...fornia-reaches-build.21651/page-8#post-251998
I don’t think we have a strip light. Are they standard. We only got our van last week but is was in the country November last year so may have been too early. We don’t have Dimmable lights somebody mentioned either?

Post 157

Auto headlights

Anything else new?
They replaced the sunglasses holder with a grab handle so now there are two grab handles on the drivers side acc. to California Chris.

The sunglasses holder is under the control panel,,From memory it has been on all my cali’s,Right back to my first in 2008.... the one you might be thinking of is not on the California but on the highline t5/6s there it has a sunglasses holder to the right hand side next to your head ,where there’s a grab handle in the California

Newer (well since i picked mine up in DEC) Oceans now have a ISOFIX slits in the rear seats to make car seat filling easier

The sunglasses holder is under the control panel,,From memory it has been on all my cali’s,Right back to my first in 2008.... the one you might be thinking of is not on the California but on the highline t5/6s there it has a sunglasses holder to the right hand side next to your head ,where there’s a grab handle in the California
This is interesting, so the Cali has never had a (second) sunglasses holder where the grab hande is? I wonder why it’s only put on the highline?

I've noticed that our MY18 Ocean Edition has very nice light grey stitching on the steering wheel and DSG gator that I don't remember the MY17 Ocean we having. Intrigued to know whether thats across the range or just the edition?

full

Last edited:
I've noticed that our MY18 Ocean Edition has very nice light grey stitching on the steering wheel and DSG gator that I don't remember the MY17 Ocean we having. Intrigued to know whether thats across the range or just the edition?

full
Just the edition. Nice touch though

Back