Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6 Ocean and Some Very Fine Accessories

X4 VWC

X4 VWC

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I'm pleased to say that I've officially graduated from the "T6 VW California Delays" thread after nine long months. A lot of encouragement for waiting owners over there! A couple of people asked for photos, so here goes ...

Exterior.jpg

Interior.jpg

I wasn't expecting the alcantara to be grey, so that's a nice surprise. Since I had to wait quite a long time, I got a little carried away on accessories ... although I didn't anticipate quite how long it would take to fit them:

Drawers.jpg

Shelves.jpg

Slide.jpg

The accessories are from www.calicap.de and are the same quality as the manufacture fittings (the drawers have VW part codes). Carpet is from Brandrup. I want to say a big thank you to the forum for all the tips and advice along the way - thank you :)

Glad to hear the long wait is over. That's a great colour too.

I'm very impressed with your work rate, i got mine this week too and have just about managed to remove the 5th seat and fit 2 out of 3seat covers.

Agree the Alcantra looks really nice and those accessories are something else - particularly the CaliDrawer - not seen a photo before and now it's definitely on the want list.

Enjoy your adventures, look forward to seeing and hearing more.

I'm pleased to say that I've officially graduated from the "T6 VW California Delays" thread after nine long months. A lot of encouragement for waiting owners over there! A couple of people asked for photos, so here goes ...

View attachment 17688

View attachment 17689

I wasn't expecting the alcantara to be grey, so that's a nice surprise. Since I had to wait quite a long time, I got a little carried away on accessories ... although I didn't anticipate quite how long it would take to fit them:

View attachment 17690

View attachment 17691

View attachment 17692

The accessories are from www.calicap.de and are the same quality as the manufacture fittings (the drawers have VW part codes). Carpet is from Brandrup. I want to say a big thank you to the forum for all the tips and advice along the way - thank you :)

In the nicest possible way I hate you.You may have just cost me another £1000. This is a new site to me and I love the look of rear tray and particularly the extra draws.

Love it!

Nice Cali, really like the extras. Not sure why the drawers wouldn't fit a T5 cupboard though. :thumb

Wow, looks stunning, but I would say that as my order is the same colour. I like the conversion shelves for the wardrobe, they look really handy. I think I will wait 'til my van arrives before making those kind of decisions. Great photos. Thanks for sharing. :thumb:thumb

Great looking van and very nice colour. The drawers look great. I suspect very useful. We are always removing things in our cupboards to get to items at the back. Drawers would fix this. Might have to have a look at whether I can make something out of IKEA drawers. Have fun and keep the photos coming. Best regards.

View attachment 17688

View attachment 17689

View attachment 17690

View attachment 17691

View attachment 17692

Oh I'm definitely going to need those drawers! Congratulations on your graduation! Can't wait to join you!

Such a nice Cali with great specs @X4 VWC – congrats, I am sure you will have many many great hours in it.

Great looking van and very nice colour. The drawers look great. I suspect very useful. We are always removing things in our cupboards to get to items at the back. Drawers would fix this. Might have to have a look at whether I can make something out of IKEA drawers. Have fun and keep the photos coming. Best regards.

Drawers are great! Been looking for drawers, and decided to go the IKEA way. I will post when they are fitted. The solution is a little more heavy, but also more spacious and robust.

I was inspired by a post on chaliboard.de (you can only see the pics when logged in). IKEA in DK do not have the RATIONELL drawers in stock anymore. But another type that will fit the same way. I will build the frame less robust.

Welcome X4 VWC and T6 Ocean!
Wish you some great adventures with your new Van!

Whilst I like the look of the draws, can you actually open the bottom three once the bed is made up?

Whilst I like the look of the draws, can you actually open the bottom three once the bed is made up?
I would have thought unlikely. Should be able to open top drawer and reach into the 2nd draw though so will just have to be careful what you store in each.

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement! You cannot open the drawers (except the cutlery drawer) when the bed is open. But when the bed is open, you should be sleeping ;)

View attachment 17688

View attachment 17689

View attachment 17690

View attachment 17691

View attachment 17692

Looks great
Really like the rear Tray/drawer and the shelves in what was the wardrobe.
Went to the Calcap site but couldn't find an english version. Do they do a translated site?
I have a Mac so not sure how to do this myself.

Went to the Calcap site but couldn't find an english version. Do they do a translated site?
I have a Mac so not sure how to do this myself.

Neither could I. I guess best way is to write an email/message and I am sure they're going to writte back soon in English:
http://www.vwcamper.de/shop/shop_content.php/coID/7/content/Kontakt

Actually there are about 4 versions of Calicaps (for each Beach/Ocean) or even more:

1. With 3 windows and topless(if you use a extra roofbox)/only 3 windows and the roof is "covered"
2. No windows and topless or no windows and topless
3. only 2 windows topless/the roof is covered

I would have thought unlikely. Should be able to open top drawer and reach into the 2nd draw though so will just have to be careful what you store in each.

Why would you need to open a drawer under the kitchenunit probally containing coockerystuff while sleeping?

But i don't have that problem , my Porta Potti sits there and i take it out at night before i make the lower bed....:Nailbiting So no xtra drawers for me!

Why would you need to open a drawer under the kitchenunit probally containing coockerystuff while sleeping?

But i don't have that problem , my Porta Potti sits there and i take it out at night before i make the lower bed....:Nailbiting So no xtra drawers for me!
Make my morning cuppa and maybe Porridge before getting up if the weather is really bad. Only have kitchen things in my kitchen cupboards.:)

View attachment 17688

View attachment 17689

View attachment 17690

View attachment 17691

View attachment 17692

As I mentioned in an earlier reply I like the slide out rear tray and the wardrobe shelves. Coul you tell me how much they were incl. shipping and where did you get the tray fitted?
Many thanks

Each of the photographed accessories was supplied by www.calicap.de. The site is German only but I used Google translate where I wasn't sure. Thomas was helpful with questions but he was using translate as well! I put together a rough English version of the instructions to help me with the installation. In my opinion, it's worth going to this trouble for such superb quality, and such well-thought out products.

With the Ocean's parcel/bed shelf on the highest setting, the Porta Potti Qube 335 can be comfortably stored on the slide out as well. Presumably, this means you can slide it out and sit on the toilet in the great outdoors. I'm not sure I will be using it in that way but it may be helpful for people to know the clearance is there for storage!

X4 VWC, I have been looking to improve the storage in my Cali. I have tried using a variety of containers in various combinations and I am not satisfied with the results. So I am now looking at the drawer solution (in the kitchen cupboard). Perhaps you can update me on the efficacy of these rather expensive items. Do they provide the effective use of the space they take up? Any drawbacks? And what were the shipping costs?

I will be grateful for your comments.

Oh - didn't my van look clean a year ago! ;)

The kitchen drawers have been excellent and would be among the first accessories that I'd add to a California if doing it all again. I cannot think of any negatives. I use the kitchen drawers to store 'proper' plates, cups, glasses, chopping boards, and tea/coffee. Everything is separated by cloths to avoid rattles. I think they take about 5kg each, and I've had no problems with them.

The boot slide would be the first accessory that I would buy! I could not live without it. It holds (exactly) 2 x 600x400 boxes, and 2 x 400x300 boxes. The slide can hold over 100kg, so it's quite robust.

I don't know how useful the wardrobe shelves have been, I'm mixed about those because they don't make a huge difference given the slightly awkward access to the wardrobe. We have everything in packs, so I guess it makes it a little easier to get to things in the wardrobe but I could live without it.

Every one of the calicap.de accessories is well made and looks like a VW OEM part (actually, the kitchen drawers are OEM parts). But as always with the California, when you see prices you have to look the other way!

Oh - didn't my van look clean a year ago! ;)

The kitchen drawers have been excellent and would be among the first accessories that I'd add to a California if doing it all again. I cannot think of any negatives. I use the kitchen drawers to store 'proper' plates, cups, glasses, chopping boards, and tea/coffee. Everything is separated by cloths to avoid rattles. I think they take about 5kg each, and I've had no problems with them.

The boot slide would be the first accessory that I would buy! I could not live without it. It holds (exactly) 2 x 600x400 boxes, and 2 x 400x300 boxes. The slide can hold over 100kg, so it's quite robust.

I don't know how useful the wardrobe shelves have been, I'm mixed about those because they don't make a huge difference given the slightly awkward access to the wardrobe. We have everything in packs, so I guess it makes it a little easier to get to things in the wardrobe but I could live without it.

Every one of the calicap.de accessories is well made and looks like a VW OEM part (actually, the kitchen drawers are OEM parts). But as always with the California, when you see prices you have to look the other way!

Thanks for the quick and informative 'review', it is much appreciated. Can you remember what the shipping costs were approximately?

Those shelves look like a bit of a complex D.I.Y job ...

in reality how easy was it to fit?

It's fairly simple and no more fiddly than it needs to be. To aid comfort during fitting, I moved the rear seat forward, took everything out of the back of the van, and setup one of the camping chairs in the back. One needs a comfortable workspace! But, really, I don't remember it being much trouble. If there was any trouble with fitting these items, it was first translating the German instructions.

Back