Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6

Saesneg Shaun

Saesneg Shaun

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi All, just put a deposit down On a new T6 Ocean from Breeze Poole today.
This will be our 1st VW camper and really hope i've made the right call going for a cali over a conversion!
This forum looks to be a goldmine for all the info we are def going to need from here on!
Pics to follow when we collect her.

Hi Zooks,
Welcome to the Cali family.
We've had Cali's since 2012, and still learn things from the forum, yes, a gold mine of info.
You've bought from a good dealer, but it's going to be a long trip from South Wales to Poole for servicing! Good luck in trying to find good VW agent close to home.

Thanks. I'm new to cali's and have walked into this blind so
really should have done more research.
After reading some of the posts on here i'm having a wobble now because it seems the T6.1 has been out ages but i'm buying a brand new T6.
Still Breeze told me they haven't seen any T6.1 cali's yet so maybe not?

Having said Breeze are a good dealer in my experience, shall l say, l find it very surprising they said they have not seen a T6.1!! Did they mean a second hand one ?
We saw our first one, a two-tone in the launch colours, gold and white, back in March. We took delivery of our T6.1 on Friday, which we ordered in November. I must say, I really like it better than the T6. There are many improvements on it, IMO, which make it better than a T6. Of course it depends on how much you paid for the T6, and is price is a major concern.

Strange, the salesman was adamant they'd not seen one yet, maybe he meant in stock rather than ordered?
Anyhow still pleased with our T6 purchase and looking forward to getting her.
As for price it wasn't exactly cheap!
Sadly there doesn't appear to be any Ocean bargains around. Definitely a sellers market for now.

Thanks. I'm new to cali's and have walked into this blind so
really should have done more research.
After reading some of the posts on here i'm having a wobble now because it seems the T6.1 has been out ages but i'm buying a brand new T6.
Still Breeze told me they haven't seen any T6.1 cali's yet so maybe not?
I’m surprised they have a brand new Cali T6 in stock at this point in time because you’re right the T6.1 has been shipping for ages. All orders for new Cali’s at present are factory build and will be Model Year 21.

Having said Breeze are a good dealer in my experience, shall l say, l find it very surprising they said they have not seen a T6.1!! Did they mean a second hand one ?
We saw our first one, a two-tone in the launch colours, gold and white, back in March. We took delivery of our T6.1 on Friday, which we ordered in November. I must say, I really like it better than the T6. There are many improvements on it, IMO, which make it better than a T6. Of course it depends on how much you paid for the T6, and is price is a major concern.
That's a shocking lie from the sales man. Breeze have promoted the sale of several T6.1 Ocean's on facebook and even done a video with jacks seat covers (on a 6.1 cali coast):

The production of the T6 finished almost a year ago.

breeze.jpg

breeze1.jpg

breeze2.jpg

Just to clear things up. I have also been in touch with Breeze as well in the last few weeks. They had 3 x T6 pre reg in stock (all £60K+) but had no T6.1s, as they had sold their demonstrators, and weren't expecting their new demos to arrive until the end of August.

That’s interesting. Considering the significant discount available on factory ordered T6.1s at the moment, I guess the £60k+ price tag for a T6 is exploiting the current lack of availability.

We test drove one of them as we are after a Coast 6.1 and I wanted to try the 150bhp + DSG. I think two of the three have been sold, so someone must be keen! For me it makes the £52K or so I have quoted for a new Coast + options seem a bit of a bargain (if that word can ever be used in the same sentence as 'California'!).

Thank you all for your input. This isn't really how I thought my intro thread would go!

Unfortunately for us our current van has expired at the worst possible time to source a replacement.
I didn't realise Breeze only had T6 models went I went to view and as I could not see any T6.1 even amongst the commercial vans I accepted the salesmans statement.
The van we viewed was still very nice but it didn't seem a great deal considering it was £63k for the older model however as someone said theres not much stock around.
Unfortunately things are starting to add up now like some rust on the disks and hubs that I thought was odd for a new vehicle.
So If I understand this right our new van which is going to be registered this week could have been some of the last of the T6's to be built and have been hanging around since then? Does anybody know how long agoT6 production stopped?
I'm thinking of cancelling the order now.

Puzzling. If you ordered yesterday and it will be delivered next week then you are either extremely lucky or it must be a new 'old' stock T6. Last week I was told 16-20 weeks for delivery at the moment on a 6.1. I notice also that Breeze have another pre-reg T6 on their books that has appeared since we were there last week so there must be some still hanging around. I would be on the phone to then first thing tomorrow morning to get some clarification.

Puzzling. If you ordered yesterday and it will be delivered next week then you are either extremely lucky or it must be a new 'old' stock T6. Last week I was told 16-20 weeks for delivery at the moment on a 6.1. I notice also that Breeze have another pre-reg T6 on their books that has appeared since we were there last week so there must be some still hanging around. I would be on the phone to then first thing tomorrow morning to get some clarification.

Yes it is a new old stock T6 but the message i'm getting here is that this van could have been hanging around in storage since last year?
I never got any terms and conditions to take away. Anybody think i'll get any of my deposit back?

No Idea, but if you are happy with the spec and the price you paid, and you need one quicker than Christmas, is it an issue?
It's not unusual for run out models to be around for a few months after production ends, and remember the world effectively stopped for 3 months between March and June which would have meant that these models would probably have been sold a few months ago normally.

Yes it is a new old stock T6 but the message i'm getting here is that this van could have been hanging around in storage since last year?
I never got any terms and conditions to take away. Anybody think i'll get any of my deposit back?
I would think Breeze would give you your deposit back, but if they are going to register it, you need to be quick. The problem you've got is if you want a new Cali NOW you've got very little choice.
I wouldn't be put off by a little bit of rust on the discs, they soon go rusty after standing for a short period.
The questions you need to ask yourself are:
Do I need now?
Am l paying for options that I don't need?
Are there options that I would like that are missing?
Do I put off registration until Sept for new reg?

If you do the maths as Dacia say, because a lot of T6 options are now standard on the 6.1, it makes the T6.1 a better option, IMO. But you can't get away from the fact that, if you want it now, your options are limited, phone around.

Zooks - look at the date stamp on the tyres. Might be a few months lag but will give you a good idea. Any T6, registered or not, will have been built the best part of 12 months ago.

Unless you really need a T6 Cali right now, cancel and put an order in for a new 6.1 with at least 10% discount. T6 is great, but not at that price IMHO.

Last edited:
Thanks to everybody who took the time to reply and offer advice.
I have been in touch with Breeze today and sorted things out.

The misunderstanding came about because the sales man is new to Breeze.
In hindsight what he said was He had not seen a T6.1 Cali yet not that they had not arrived at the dealership yet.
However I did manage to confirm the van was probably built last year.
All things considered I have decided to cancel this purchase and order a new T6.1 which Breeze were fine with.
So I will be changing our short term plans and joining the T6.1 waiting list!

This gives me plenty of time to pester you all with spec questions lol.
I'm thinking 150 DSG in Copper bronze, 18" palmerston alloys, electric side door.

Don’t bother with an electric sliding door as I think people say they are a problem on here. £60k for a T6 is way too much. I was offered a pre-registered 100 mile T6 150TSi about 6 weeks ago for £49K. I ended up going for a diesel 150 manual and over the moon with it.

Hi All, just put a deposit down On a new T6 Ocean from Breeze Poole today.
This will be our 1st VW camper and really hope i've made the right call going for a cali over a conversion!
This forum looks to be a goldmine for all the info we are def going to need from here on!
Pics to follow when we collect her.
What spec did you go for?

What spec did you go for?

That order has now been cancelled.
I going for a T6.1 150 DSG now.
The VW configuator does not seem to be working at the moment but I was shocked when I did it through Drive the Deal and it came out at £59k
thats £4k less than I was going to pay for a T6

The VW configuator does not seem to be working at the moment but I was shocked when I did it through Drive the Deal and it came out at £59k
thats £4k less than I was going to pay for a T6
Yup this - If you can wait for it its a no-brainer. :thumb

Thanks - ran the spec through and looking like a 10% discount. Just about to put mine up for sale.

Hi

I spoke with Ben the salesman you were dealing with about your queries and questions. Again apologies if any confusion regarding his comment about T6.1 he has only been with ourselves two weeks and he had saw his first T6.1 Ocean only on Monday. If you do happen to have any queries or anyway I can help with specification please don’t hesitate to ask and any questions youask Ben and he isn’t sure I will be more than happy to help you both.

Tom

Hi

I spoke with Ben the salesman you were dealing with about your queries and questions. Again apologies if any confusion regarding his comment about T6.1 he has only been with ourselves two weeks and he had saw his first T6.1 Ocean only on Monday. If you do happen to have any queries or anyway I can help with specification please don’t hesitate to ask and any questions youask Ben and he isn’t sure I will be more than happy to help you both.

Tom

Thank you Tom. In hindsight I should have done more research on the different cali models which would have saved the confusion. I have back in touch with Ben today and emailed him our preferred build spec for a new T6.1 so hopefully we can reach a deal soon.

I would take the T6 and not the T6.1, if it has the spec you want. At the right price of course. In my opinion it is simply a better vehicle and camper than the T6.1