Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New to VW Cali

VW Cali

VW Cali

Guest User
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
All,

Walked past a VW Ocean in West Kent couple of months ago. Was captivated so decided on test drive.

Test drove high spec Ocean demonstrator which has just been sold. A 204 bhp 4 motion with lots of extras.

Decided I was never going to use the kitchen/sink but wanted the extra seats. Tried to find if any Beaches were available. Finally one dealer told me they have a Cherry Red 150 bhp Beach coming in late August with 7 seats. Paid the deposit on it.

Has some decent extras though missing comfort dash, and reversing camera and ACC. Already spoken to a few shops to get leather upholstery, and hope VW will chip in.

Have ordered bike rack and will see what is needed. Never camped :)-) but do like hiking and outdoors so hope to use it for day or weekend active trips away. A first for me. Also, hoping to use it for school run but other half has ubiquitous German 4x4. All cars previously have been big German sedans, 4x4s, or very fast 2 seater sports cars. I might now have the fastest and slowest car in town!

Told friend who thought I was buying a new Ferrari California (which he does not consider much of a Ferrari) but when I told him called me a "Either a geek or old fart!."

Quite!

It will be 66 Reg and is already being built, and be ready for pick up 1st week September. 66 Reg...

Otherwise, complete neophyte!

Remind him of that when he is drooling over your new van.

Sounds like a nice spec and you will find the beach very versatile.

pretty sure you can good quality get covers for the seats that can get the finish you want.

Hello a welcome, sounds good but why would VW chip in for leather seat retrims.

I think they probably have a discount in mind. I did not haggle over the Cali price so perhaps...

Who knows really. I don't like the standard dark fabric comes with. Looks aged even new...

I think they probably have a discount in mind. I did not haggle over the Cali price so perhaps...

Who knows really. I don't like the standard dark fabric comes with. Looks aged even new...

The standard Beach fabric is a pale grey, the darker fabric is a zero cost option.

I negotiated a 14% discount on my Beach, but as a consequence it will be used as a road demonstrator for either 3 months, or between delivery to the dealer and "before" Christmas, whichever comes sooner. (If Christmas comes before the three months are up, it will be loaned to me by the dealer until the three months are up).