New tyres … really in doubt.

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Am about to re-mount my summers. It an 18" TOLUCA rim with Continental Sport Contact 5 tyres on them. The tyres have about 4-5 mm left.

I am most likely to change for new tyres soon. Having a 2WD I really want some better grip on wet grass, sand, gravel, etc. But I am not going really off-road - so I still want a low rolling resistance an and quiet low noise tyre. I have a set of specific winter tyres for the cold season.

I was looking at the Goodridge All-terrain (on a set of Black Rhino rims), I think they look good but they are not what I should go for (Would probably also need me lift the springs.

To stay a little more realistic - what about the Michelin Latitude Cross?

Or any other recommendations? I am really in doubt what to aim for …

Im currently using Uniroyal rain sport 3 255 R18 109Y - no noisier or harder harder ride than the 16" tyres that the van came on.

They have quite a chunky tread & seemed to have a decent enough grip in the snow (i didn't bother putting on the winter tyres this year)

Had them on for about 8k & no sign of wear yet. I paid about £105 each fitted.

Last edited:
Bought my Cali in October,noisiest vehicle I have had from Road noise and vibration, feel every bump in the road, even my dog couldnt travel without shaking....I just thought it was how they drove.........Bought Vector 4 Season tyres, what a change very quiet and very smooth. Its now a pleasure to drive and the tyres are pretty good in adverse conditions also. We done a 500 mile round trip this weekend my dog slept most of the way.