Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VIP Discount New VIP Discount Partner: Safeguard Insurance

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We have a brand new VIP Partner now onboard with us offering Campervan Insurance.

Safeguard UK offer a bespoke campervan & Motorhome insurance

All Safeguard policies comes with UK & European breakdown for vehicles under 20 years of age, full glass cover, £3,000 worth of contents (subject to standard exclusions) and full European cover for the 12 months.

All VIP Members will receive the equivalent of 12 months for the price of 10 on their quoted premium.

For full details please see the thread in the VIP ROOM

Website Link: http://www.safeguarduk.co.uk/motorhome-insurance/

!cid_image001_jpg@01D0CA12.jpg

!cid_image5fee8d_PNG@1187b8af.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you tell us i have just insured with them. Very helpfull i tried comfort but they wouldnt let me park on the road. Good price too

Another +1 for Safeguard, we changed to them from Comfort back in March as no longer allowed business use with the mileage I wanted, Safeguard were the same price and superb customer service. It will be good if we can get the 12 for 10 deal on renewals?

I have just checked and sadly no actual VIP offer on renewals but you will receive a loyality discount if you have not made a claim.

Our policy with Comfort expires in two weeks and the renewal has gone up by around £30 for the year, I just got a quote off Safeguard and saved around £55 over the course of the year (with VIP discount) , that also included 10k miles per year instead of 8k which I had with Comfort.

Its a no-brainer as they say

Just had a quote from Safegaurd as our renewal is due next month, with the VIP discount we saved around £42 over the course of the year compared to Comfort! They did not ask about trackers or anything so I assume they have updatef their systems.

Now you tell us i have just insured with them. Very helpfull i tried comfort but they wouldnt let me park on the road. Good price too
Your Bristol I'm London and Safeguard (Allianz) wouldn't let me park in the road except occasionally when to and from a trip. I'll recheck with them.

Our policy with Comfort expires in two weeks and the renewal has gone up by around £30 for the year, I just got a quote off Safeguard and saved around £55 over the course of the year (with VIP discount) , that also included 10k miles per year instead of 8k which I had with Comfort.

Its a no-brainer as they say
I've been with Safeguard (Allianz) for 6 years and when I enquired about the Cali Club VIP discount on renewal they said it only applied to new customers and I think for the first year only

We have been very pleased with them.
After an incident in our last camper they were amazing sorting it out.
I need business use too and they will include it for a minimal increase.

Just tried Safeguard and got an initial quote for £520 i told them my renewal with comfort was £295 but that this did not include recovery as this is already covered by VW. i was told that breakdown was standard on the policy but they then took this off but still quoted £325... i will be staying with comfort who have kept my policy at the same price as last year anyway.

Just tried Safeguard and got an initial quote for £520 i told them my renewal with comfort was £295 but that this did not include recovery as this is already covered by VW. i was told that breakdown was standard on the policy but they then took this off but still quoted £325... i will be staying with comfort who have kept my policy at the same price as last year anyway.

Mine was also the same as last year with comfort

John

I had a surprising conversation with VW Insurance. It was certainly surprising for me as they would not insure the Cali as their 'system' would not accommodate a commercial vehicle configured as a people carrier. This is VW Commercial :D Astonishing!

So I called Safeguard as suggested by Martin and was promptly offered a good price taking into consideration (mirroring) the NCD on my existing vehicle. I will certainly call Safeguard when my Cali makes an appearance in May! Provisional build is now week 14 down from the original 16. :)

Try Caravan Guard underwritten by Royal sun Alliance. On A 30k Cali £297 inc Breakdown Legal expenses and bonus protected. Free Phone.

We are insured with Safeguard and also used them on our motorhome, always had excellent service and they dealt with a windscreen claim excellently

I have been speaking to Safeguard regarding insuring our shortly to be delivered 204 Ocean. They need to know what is the make and model of the alarm fitted? Apparently, the fact the alarm is a Thatcham cat 1 approved system is not sufficient - can anybody advise?
Many thanks

I had a similar conversation but the lady on the phone sort of answered her own question by asking "OK is that a VW alarm?", I just said yes and that was enough. Maybe worthwhile trying that just to get a quote in the first instance until you can get hold of any further specifics on manufacturer.

I've just tried to get an insurance quote from Safeguard, but they didn't know what a California Beach was and kept going on about "water storage" being an essential criterion. When I questioned it, the advisor said it could be any kind of water storage, even it was just bottles!! I wasn't at all happy about that. I could see that coming back to haunt us if there was ever a claim. Anyone actually managed to insure a Beach through them? It surprises me that the club partners with a company that doesn't know the VW models.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just tried to get an insurance quote from Safeguard, but they didn't know what a California Beach was and kept going on about "water storage" being an essential criterion. When I questioned it, the advisor said it could be any kind of water storage, even it was just bottles!! I wasn't at all happy about that. I could see that coming back to jaunt us if there was ever a claim. Anyone actually managed to insure a Beach through them? It surprises me that the club partners with a company that doesn't know the VW models.

I have just passed this to our contact at Safeguard and will post their response as soon as I hear back

Last edited:
Thanks, Martin. I've now got a quote from Comfort for £321. I'll wait to see what happens after your email to Safeguard, but if anyone has any advice on Comfort etc, please share. Otherwise it's back to LV and £445.

And now a quote from the Camping and Caravanning Club for £377 and one from Saga for £393. I can't bear to do another quote, so fingers crossed that everyone loves one of these choices! Probably not Comfort after reading on the forum about the 36-hour rule (unattended storage that sounds like a get-out for too many claim scenarios).

First answer on the alarm fitted to ALL California's including the Beach.

It is fitted with a Volkswagen Security System 1 System (Thatcham CAT1)

The Thatcham Code is TC2–1208/0301

They are having to do a bit more research on the Beach side of things but promised a call back by close of business.

Last edited:
Worth trying Admiral, mine's around the 280 mark with them for a Beach. Caravan Club wouldnt insure the Beach when I treied them last year

Thanks, Martin. I've now got a quote from Comfort for £321. I'll wait to see what happens after your email to Safeguard, but if anyone has any advice on Comfort etc, please share. Otherwise it's back to LV and £445.

The manager at Safeguard has now emailed all the advisors to inform them that they can now quote for a Beach. The problem was the Beach is underwritten by a different company to the SE/Ocean as it is not classed as a motorhome/campervan as it does not have a kitchen.

If anyone has any more problems please report back

Just re-insured my Cali SE with Safeguard. £10 more expensive than last year but with commuting; unlimited mileage; one year roadside and homestart included plus no limit on European journey's throughout the year - one happy camper.

So, the Safeguard saga continues. They now confirm that they can't insure Beach models at all. If you call, they put you through to a sister company, who check a panel of insurers. No discount – and a quote double anything else I've had. Not a great partnership deal after all.