Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New VW Beach Build Date Confirmed

bagel.rhodes

bagel.rhodes

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi All

I know there has been a lot of people waiting on latest information. Today I was given the first build date, I placed my order on 20th July 2021, for a high spec Beach. The confirmed build date is week 18 2022, early May. This is build date, the VW centre said 6 weeks after this date it will be in London with them.

This is the first news I have had since placing the order and then getting a waiting build week order. Obviously long lead times, but I was expecting that, I’m just happy I can hibernate for winter and come out in March with a few months to go.

Its all good.

Craig

Hi All

I know there has been a lot of people waiting on latest information. Today I was given the first build date, I placed my order on 20th July 2021, for a high spec Beach. The confirmed build date is week 18 2022, early May. This is build date, the VW centre said 6 weeks after this date it will be in London with them.

This is the first news I have had since placing the order and then getting a waiting build week order. Obviously long lead times, but I was expecting that, I’m just happy I can hibernate for winter and come out in March with a few months to go.

Its all good.

Craig
Thanks for this!! We ordered 6th September so this gives us hope we might get ours for the summer hols!

Hi All

Its all good.

Craig
We ordered a beach at the end of Aug and still waiting for a build date

Same here, we ordered end of August with no build date yet. Under a year would be nice...

Hi All

Its all good.

Craig
Great to get some news. Is that a status 20 (Confirmed) or status 10 (unconfirmed)? Only asking because from previous experience its unusual to get such an early status 20?

Great to get some news. Is that a status 20 (Confirmed) or status 10 (unconfirmed)? Only asking because from previous experience its unusual to get such an early status 20?
I presume it’s 10 as he’s been checking weekly until the schedule is in. Then I’m forgetting about it until after Christmas.

We ordered a beach at the end of Aug and still waiting for a build date
Well on my timing you are a month away from a date. But who knows, I’ve been told the Beach comes quicker than the Ocean or Coast - I presume there’s a lot of variables. I was told on the showroom you won’t get any date before 3 months and he was spot on, +2 days

Hi All

Its all good.

Craig

Great to hear this. We placed order to our Cali Beach at the end of September so can’t wait at least for build week. Like Shuftie said anything under year will be good enough for us.

Hi All

Its all good.

Craig
We ordered a beach Camper at the beginning of July. Haven’t heard anything yet but hopefully we will soon. I have to confess that I am becoming quite obsessed with planning for its arrival!!

Ordered a California 6.1 Ocean in early Sept. Not had a single update since 21st of same month! Poor service really! Considering asking for my refundable deposit to be returned & buy from another main dealer! If I've head nothing before Xmas then I'll cancel. Fish brothers of Swindon ARE YOU LISTENING?

Ordered a California 6.1 Ocean in early Sept. Not had a single update since 21st of same month! Poor service really! Considering asking for my refundable deposit to be returned & buy from another main dealer! If I've head nothing before Xmas then I'll cancel. Fish brothers of Swindon ARE YOU LISTENING?
Most forum members can completely empathise with your post. The dealership should probably have been a little more ‘transparent’ when you placed your order last month. It seems they have little or no influence on the delivery time, which will likely be somewhere between 9-12 months. They will not be able to give you any tangible news for at least 3 months, other than confirming factory order acceptance (status 00) and providing you with an 8 digit factory order number, staring with either 30 or 31. Fish Brothers are probably no different from any other VWCV dealership right now. He/she could ring you every week from now until the new year, but the news would be the same…

If you take the timing I had you should get an update in December, if you placed order September, then it’s only a provisional build date. There’s little more you can do really, my salesperson drops me an email every week with the same message “no change, no update” - when there was an update he called my as he was delighted he actually had some good news for me. I’d call them in December and see how things are then.

Are you real or joking?
You are know is 9 - 18 month wait time new Ocean, specification is direct relate waiting time. There is nothing to tell you many months and you think is not good service?
Dealer is busy business sell car, not telephone call you and say morning chitting chatting same lady coffee morning.

Yes cancel and going other dealer and see is same. Are you for sure want California or only you need Personal Services make you feel happy?
I so happy I not work car sell business this kind crazy peoples must " take care ".

I buy Grand California - is 3 telephone call and I collect. When is nothing tell, is not need contact.

All this means is that second hand values will go even higher. That’s great if you own one but not if you are looking.

All this means is that second hand values will go even higher. That’s great if you own one but not if you are looking.
Auto trader uk shows very nice California Ocean is only travels 200 miles, and so is new. price £95,000.00 - but is not requiring waiting time - can drive home this week.

Take it easy. Expect delivery in no less than a year, and minimise your stress and blood pressure. Cancelling will be welcomed by your dealer who will happily hand your deposit back and sell your van for thousands more than you’d have paid for it when it eventually arrives. I understand VW won’t allow dealers to order stock vehicles atm whilst they clear the customer backlog.
Then you’ll be at the back of the queue with your new dealer who will probably treat you just the same...
@PhilR has first hand experience!

Auto trader uk shows very nice California Ocean is only travels 200 miles, and so is new. price £95,000.00 - but is not requiring waiting time - can drive home this week.
Then there’s desperate and there’s desperation. That particular one was ordered and bought with no intention of keeping it but to make a quick profit. There’s no problem making a profit but it’s just taken one away from a genuine buyer who wants to keep it. £95k no chance...

Then there’s desperate and there’s desperation. That particular one was ordered and bought with no intention of keeping it but to make a quick profit. There’s no problem making a profit but it’s just taken one away from a genuine buyer who wants to keep it. £95k no chance...
I don’t agree - someone who wanted one to keep a year ago could have ordered too. I see it like he’s an entrepreneurial middle man offering a service to a wealthy person who wants one now.
Either way, the California ends up with someone who wants one...

I couln’t agree more with others. When we ordered our Cali we knew about waiting time. And we accepted this. We also order in September and I don’t expect any update from dealer soon. I had very good service and communication from my dealer. Either over the phore or email. We’ve got confirmed factory order acceptance which is enough for us now. And we try to relax now and not think to much about it. If we will get Cali before September next year that will be perfect. If after we will be new happy California owners anyway.

I don’t agree - someone who wanted one to keep a year ago could have ordered too. I see it like he’s an entrepreneurial middle man offering a service to a wealthy person who wants one now.
To me that’s just downright Greedy.

To me that’s just downright Greedy.
You’d rather the dealer made it on a cancelled order? Everybody’s got to make a living. He’s taken a risk and is providing a service. It might backfire, but if it comes off both rich buyer and speculating trader are winners. No losers.

We ordered a beach Camper at the beginning of July. Haven’t heard anything yet but hopefully we will soon. I have to confess that I am becoming quite obsessed with planning for its arrival!!
Just heard today that we have a provisional build month of March. The following note from VW was added to the email

“Please see below the estimated build month for your customer tagged orders, we will continue to schedule production based on the order entry date of tagged units only. Please note this is an estimated build month as we continue to experience ad hoc component restrictions. Where these occur, your order will receive the next available production slot once the restriction is overcome”

That’s the same as a ticket tout in my view. Greed, and taking away from a genuine buyer making us all wait longer.

That’s the same as a ticket tout in my view. Greed, and taking away from a genuine buyer making us all wait longer.
I do see that point, and felt guilty for considering ordering 2 Californias last year. In the end I didn't order one to sell alongside one to keep, but I regret that decision a bit (although apparently VW scrutinise orders and don't let you order multiple). I've changed my view.
The difference between the ticket tout and the California prospector is that there's only one concert/match/show, whereas thousands of Californias are built every year. I don't think the California prospector is depriving anyone by giving a genuine buyer an opportunity to jump the queue - he's done the waiting, and a genuine buyer has got her California. Anyone who wants to pay the lowest price can place an order direct.
There are two answer to the question: "yes but what if everyone did that though?"
1. They won't
2. If they did the prices of new second-hand Californias would fall befitting 'genuine buyers'?

Just an update on this thread.... email from dealer this afternoon. (Beach Camper order placed 7th July, accepted at factory 13th July) Provisional build week 12 (end of March) - van should be delivered May.

Back