Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New VW Beach Owner

Liam McAulay

Liam McAulay

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hello all, I am a first time VW California owner! We went for the 3 seater Beach option as it suits our needs as an everyday vehicle and camper a bit better. I have 2 little girls (4 and 8 months) and 2 Springer Spaniels. Looking forward to lots of adventures in the coming years.

FA8F3A4D-C75A-4DE1-82E4-28E9F5FAF22B.jpeg

Hi liam welcome to the Beach club

Hello all, I am a first time VW California owner! We went for the 3 seater Beach option as it suits our needs as an everyday vehicle and camper a bit better. I have 2 little girls (4 and 8 months) and 2 Springer Spaniels. Looking forward to lots of adventures in the coming years.

View attachment 52571
You won't regret it. Amazing family vehicle.

View attachment 52571

Congrats! We did the same recently and bought a 3 seater Beach, it’s an amazing vehicle you’ll have lots of fun with it!

Welcome Beach friend!!!!! ;) :thumb :thumb :thumb

View attachment 52571
Welcome from a fellow beach owner. Beach is a great vehicle, you’ll love it as will your Spaniels.

Congratulations Liam,
You have just bought yourself the best vehicle there is. Yes, there are many other fantastic vehicles around but none quite like the Cali Beach. It is so flexible and does just about everything you ask of it with ease. I can't think of any other vehicle that will do as many things in such a compact usable size.

I hope that you have many happy adventures.

Totally agree with Boris. Last Friday morning ours was a van to dispose of an old tumble dryer and other bits. Then a few hours later took me and and the family in comfort 3 hours down to Bristol, wet poor country roads with deep puddles, dirt tracks, lots of walking and generally being out in poor weather. It’s so good for changing in, sitting in when the weather is bad and travelling in. Just getting my making tea kit sorted now. Some friends we were with still can get their head around a camper with no built in stove but we love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree with Boris. Last Friday morning ours was a van to dispose of an old tumble dryer and other bits. Then a few hours later took me and and the family in comfort 3 hours down to Bristol, wet poor country roads with deep puddles, dirt tracks, lots of walking and generally being out in poor weather. It’s so good for changing in, sitting in when the weather is bad and travelling in. Just getting my making tea kit sorted now. Some friends we were with still can get their head around a camper with no built in stove but we love it!

Hi Neilos,
As far as I'm concerned, the fact that it doesn't have a built in stove or anything else for that matter is one of the Beach's greatest strengths. Some folks just don't get it but it's this element that makes the Beach such an exceptional vehicle.

You can have everything you need in a Beach to go camping or remove it all to use the vehicle for another use completely. You can take your family camping in luxury one day and then take up to seven people to a wedding, party, airport etc the next. You can use it for school runs, as a heated sports pavillion, reading room, office, removal van, beach hut and my favourite, mobile luxury heated dining room where you can park up and have a full afternoon tea or dinner whilst the weather can do what it likes outside. You can cook in it, sleep in it, dance in it, dine in it, entertain in it, lug stuff about in it and the list goes on and on. You can go to the South of France in it, take the kids to football, Cubs and school in it. You can go to the tip, the supermarket, the beach and all down the narrowest of roads. When you get there you can park it in a normal parking place. It's quite simply the ultimate multi use "Peoples' Car".

Shame VW don't see it that way and let the UK market continue to have the Beach.

Hi Neilos,
As far as I'm concerned, the fact that it doesn't have a built in stove or anything else for that matter is one of the Beach's greatest strengths. Some folks just don't get it but it's this element that makes the Beach such an exceptional vehicle.

You can have everything you need in a Beach to go camping or remove it all to use the vehicle for another use completely. You can take your family camping in luxury one day and then take up to seven people to a wedding, party, airport etc the next. You can use it for school runs, as a heated sports pavillion, reading room, office, removal van, beach hut and my favourite, mobile luxury heated dining room where you can park up and have a full afternoon tea or dinner whilst the weather can do what it likes outside. You can cook in it, sleep in it, dance in it, dine in it, entertain in it, lug stuff about in it and the list goes on and on. You can go to the South of France in it, take the kids to football, Cubs and school in it. You can go to the tip, the supermarket, the beach and all down the narrowest of roads. When you get there you can park it in a normal parking place. It's quite simply the ultimate multi use "Peoples' Car".

Shame VW don't see it that way and let the UK market continue to have the Beach.

Hi Borris, I agree and it was reading about the experiences of people on this forum that made my mind up on a Cali. I’m certainly glad we got our T6 Beach when we did! Currently planning the next big summer trip and cannot wait to get out camping again!