Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Brand New VW T6.1 (Pics and Video)

I guees this is instead of the earlier rumoured T7? Or could there still be a T7 down the line?

Only just purchased my T6 notes already have a date by the look of it

Ha, In a way...it's good news :)
6.1 is not a big change, so most major parts will be the same.
This means another few years of compatible spare parts being manufactured and made available, in effect extending the life span of your van.

Good news for all us SE owners too :)

Are VW getting adventurous with there new colours? I doooo like this new red.
vw-transporter-2019-02.jpg

Predictive text is rubbish I meant I have only just purchased my T6 and it’s already out of date fantastic

Won't make the slightest difference when using and enjoying your van. It's functionally exactly the same vehicle* and when chilling by a lake with a beer, who cares ? Leave the 'not the latest' material anxieties for others.

*I'd quite like wireless carplay...

Are we all ignoring the fact that they will launch an all electric version? (Probably not the Cali for a long while,but it is certainly getting closer)

Are we all ignoring the fact that they will launch an all electric version? (Probably not the Cali for a long while,but it is certainly getting closer)
If they can get to a guaranteed 300 miles range it would do me, the camp sites will have to upgrade their electrical supplies but who doesn't want to be super virtuous and save the planet.

Good evening,

At lunch I had time to watch 2x more videos.

The more I see the van the more I like it. I am well aware it is just facelift, but the van looks sharper, a wee bit more modern.

I like the new front, especially that they designed an optical extension from the lights to the indicator with the logo. The tail light looks brilliant. I would like to see it in action (break lights, indicator etc.).

The dashboard looks amazing. Especially the California is made for traveling, getting through distances in comfort. I believe the new dashboard can make this a wee bit easier. Arriving at the (daily) destination the camper has its well proven advantages.

What was mentioned in the videos is that all the various diesel engine will come with manual gear, only the top one with automatic, 4motion comes as an addition (only) for the 199 BHP engine. I have to watch the videos again, it seems that I got the wrong end of the stick again.

I made a promise to myself, that from Monday of next week I stop watching videos of the T6.1 - I just pretend it doesn't exist. I mentioned the new T6.1 to my wife and she got nervous ....

Regards,
Eberhard

Two years from now if you go to a Cali meet there will be more 6.1’s than 6.0’s I bet! Get yer wallets out! :D

If they can get to a guaranteed 300 miles range it would do me, the camp sites will have to upgrade their electrical supplies but who doesn't want to be super virtuous and save the planet.

No thanks. No wild camping and pay for a campsite that hopefully has enough hookups at an extortunate cost or spend the night at a motorway service area.

Going by the number plate but otherwise a T6 not T6.1 a puzzle.
Oh that picture, I was looking at the wrong one. Looking inside, there doesn’t seem to be any headlining/bed ....

Won't make the slightest difference when using and enjoying your van. It's functionally exactly the same vehicle* and when chilling by a lake with a beer, who cares ? Leave the 'not the latest' material anxieties for others.

*I'd quite like wireless carplay...
Mine hasn’t arrived yet lol
Don’t care still love it.
Somehow a digital dash on a Cali doesn’t seem right :happy

California in bottom picture appears to have a redesigned roof, no alloy?

That’s the sort of advancement the California desperately needs.
Although, wireless CarPlay/Appconnect would be genius.

No thanks. No wild camping and pay for a campsite that hopefully has enough hookups at an extortunate cost or spend the night at a motorway service area.

Electric limits the California in so many ways. I just can’t see it ever working...

Plus, once we have all converted to electric the next thing will be how devastating the mining of metals for batteries are on the environment and the increased pollution from generating global electricity demands.

Electric limits the California in so many ways. I just can’t see it ever working...

Plus, once we have all converted to electric the next thing will be how devastating the mining of metals for batteries are on the environment and the increased pollution from generating global electricity demands.
I presume we will have little choice in the matter in a few years, just looking on the bright side.

Last edited:
In addition to spare wheel theft (probably doesn't have one fitted anymore) will the battery pack be a target on 'E' Cali's???