Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Brand New VW T6.1 (Pics and Video)

Why do you say that?

It's in the Parkers article linked above:

"So much mobile data transfer is possible in this van, in fact, that VW has had to incorporate some very powerful antennas into the vehicle – which explains the unusual black carbuncle you may have spotted at the top of the windscreen. An effort has been made to minimise the increase in vehicle height but you can see that it does still stand slightly proud of the roof."

Electronic handbrake, no thanks
Split opening tailgate, yes please

Don’t think I’ve ever said this with regards to a T launch van.
But the old one looks better...

View attachment 41638
Electronic handbrake, no thanks
Split opening tailgate, yes please

Don’t think I’ve ever said this with regards to a T launch van.
But the old one looks better...

View attachment 41638
Thank you VW you have just increased
3 year updates are pretty normal on whatever brand/make you buy. Usually just cosmetic changes which in theory you can buy the parts to update the basic T6 externally. wouldn't be cheap.
Why would you want to spend good money making a T6 look ugly by upgrading its front grill to look like the T6.1.

Thank you VW you have just increased

Why would you want to spend good money making a T6 look ugly by upgrading its front grill to look like the T6.1.
i'm sure that a T6 owner would swap panels etc with you if you bought a T6.1 at no cost to you. ;)

The more videos i see the more i like the t6.1. Inside it really has been upgraded.

If the Cali ‘camp’ parts also gets a serious update with more modern looks and new stuff...

I cant wait to see the new t6.1 Cali Ocean. :)

Some of those heater controls look like they maybe hard to access behind the gearstick.

Not sure of revised front styling (but that be because I’ve just ordered a T6 Cali 2019).:sad
Do like the digital screens like on Audi TT:)

Do like the digital screens like on Audi TT:)
I’m pretty sad that real instruments are being phased out and being replaced with pictures of instruments on a screen. When it’s switched off the dashboard is boring, just a blank.

I like the dashboard to look like an aircraft cockpit with buttons and dials everywhere! Preferably wood :D

upload_2019-3-12_23-11-53.jpeg

I’m pretty sad that real instruments are being phased out and being replaced with pictures of instruments on a screen. When it’s switched off the dashboard is boring, just a blank.

I like the dashboard to look like an aircraft cockpit with buttons and dials everywhere! Preferably wood :D

View attachment 42242
The good old days..... if the vacum gauge played up you could could change it for a couple of bob! These days if the dashboard light goes it’s a new console and a bank loan!

The good old days..... if the vacum gauge played up you could could change it for a couple of bob! These days if the dashboard light goes it’s a new console and a bank loan!
I still miss the fuel mixture/ignition advance leavers, double declutching crash gearboxes, acetylene headlights and of course vacuum operated windscreen wipers, it was so easy to control/fix stuff back then.

I got my Beach in December so it is a little disappointing that a new version comes out 3 month later... but I personally prefer the T6 front design :) !

The one thing I really like is the little smartphone compartment (with the USB-C just above) in the new dashboard! In my T6 I never know where to lay my phone as the compartments are to big or to small.

I was told last week by Hereford VW that the 6.1 panel van will be out in the autumn but the 6.1 California will not be out until next year
Great! :thumb

That gives us another 12 months before we’re out of date! :)

T6.1 van revealed today with standard dash.
Also states van comes with H7 headlights as standard. Looks like VW have finally accepted that the H4 lights are just not good enough.

Screenshot_20190408-220030_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190408-220053_Samsung Internet.jpg

Electronic handbrakes are useless when trying to set off uphill on a slippery surface without wheel spin and potentially getting stuck. Possible but .....
Wouldn't trust an electronic brake to hold a close to 3t vehicle up a slope. Seen to many other standard production cars have their brakes fail.. I know I would put it in first (if I remembered..). Still Not for me in afraid.

Hi all,

Thought I'd start a thread for the T6.1 as I couldn't find one elsewhere on the site. I'm looking to place an order and have been quoted May pricing (price hike expected) for Nov/Dec delivery.

Any and all further info / photos / reviews / etc greatly appreciated!

Ali

vw_caravelle_100.jpg

van_life-t6_1-interior-2880x1620.jpg

If that interior pic is anything to go by, somebody in VW utility vehicle department finally drove a Golf and realized how stupid it was having D and S as two separate detents instead of a toggle for the same position. Almost makes me want to upgrade just to get that. Well done VW!

November delivery for a 6.1 California?

Looks much better in details. Hybrid with the design, I would consider upgrading.

Unless a (major) upgrade and fine tuning of the interior and equipment of the California is scheduled for the T6.1, this facelift has no sense if you own a T6 or even T5. The concept is over 15 years old. No news about that so far, I hope, but I doubt, this will be the case.