Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Brand New VW T6.1 (Pics and Video)

It says Touch Screen so that is probably an Icon to move to another page/menu.
It does appear to be a physical knob (!)
FB_IMG_1564759635116.jpg
Obviously had a stock of them left, or were worried about the loss of repair revenue.

A new control panel at last, yipee.

Looks nice. Might be able to afford a 10 year old one in 10 years time :D

Fun trying to spot the bits that have changed, no sliding window in side door?

It does appear to be a physical knob (!)
View attachment 48260
Obviously had a stock of them left, or were worried about the loss of repair revenue.
Well if it is just a Push Button then that should be OK, as it is the Rotary Menu Selection Function that goes.
If it is a Touch Screen for item selection then I can’t see what else it could be unless it is On/Off as the Touch Screen would be taking power otherwise, even in Stand-by Screen blank mode.

Looks nice. Might be able to afford a 10 year old one in 10 years time :D

Fun trying to spot the bits that have changed, no sliding window in side door?
Wasn’t that an Option in early models previously.

Comparing that new dash set up with the current comfort dash, they have taken something which is a simple symmetrical work of art and made it into a complete dogs breakfast. And does anyone really need all that new digital info at their finger tips when they should be concentrating on the road ahead. Your not flying a jet fighter, your driving a van in what are arguably far more taxing conditions.

Just saying.

With so many radical changes this could stall anyone looking to purchase, I would certainly be prepared to wait

It looks really great. I hope the price isn’t too shocking post the B word...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the counter top handles have moved off the covers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It must have a button.
Otherwise how will an Engineers Reset be executed...???
;)

Cupboards look like they are made from pallet wood. Like the handles and slides, also like the darker seat material but what's the black lump on the roof.

A new control panel at last, yipee.
I hope that the round button is flat and part of the screen rather than protruding out form the screen, similar to what we have now!

That’s really rather nice. I like the cupboards and the lighter wood/darker seats interior combo.

The control screen looks like a huge step forward.

Press release and details:

I’m impressed!

Last edited:
I’m slowly coming to the conclusion that T5 was peak California, and we are now on the other side:

- Regen
- Crazy VED
- adblue
- price hikes
- over tech

Reminds me of when Porsche over-gilded the 911 lily by producing the overweight 991 after the sublime 997.2.

VW need to learn when to preserve simplicity and not chase short term dollars.

I’m slowly coming to the conclusion that T5 was peak California, and we are now on the other side:

- Regen
- Crazy VED
- adblue
- price hikes
- over tech

Reminds me of when Porsche over-gilded the 911 lily by producing the overweight 991 after the sublime 997.2.

VW need to learn when to preserve simplicity and not chase short term dollars.
They don't have a choice, all the problems you raise are caused by governments trying to reduce emissions and improve autonomy/safety, the increased cost is inevitable to pay for said wish lists.

The emissions stuff is required to meet the current regs whilst new electro magnetic steering might be more to do with preparing the chassis for the new generation of EV Transporter based vehicles. However, I can't see a good reason for the new Carlos Fandango dash, instruments and "infotainment" system. Is there anything wrong with the current ones? I think not! They are clear and concise and don't distract too much from the prime reason for sitting in the drivers seat. Many will disagree, but I suspect that most of the tech changes there are designed to appeal to those who have become accustomed to being glued to a screen.

Not a massive fan of the change to the front grille but the rest looks pretty cool. Nice to see the dark interior on an ocean too.

With a Beach on order and due for delivery in Sept/Oct, no good can come from me reading this thread! So far, though nothing is making me regret ordering the T6 and having use of it this year.

Must. Step. Away. From The Thread... :)