Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Brand New VW T6.1 (Pics and Video)

With a Beach on order and due for delivery in Sept/Oct, no good can come from me reading this thread! So far, though nothing is making me regret ordering the T6 and having use of it this year.

Must. Step. Away. From The Thread... :)
Since it's been said that the fancy instruments will be an option on the Ocean, they are likely to be a mega expensive option on the Beach. Why it has to be this way I do not know. A well specced Beach is disproportionately more expensive than an Ocean. All you will be missing by buying a current T6, is an extra hectare of grinning black plastic grill and a messed up dash.

With a Beach on order and due for delivery in Sept/Oct, no good can come from me reading this thread! So far, though nothing is making me regret ordering the T6 and having use of it this year.

Must. Step. Away. From The Thread... :)
Just made a similar decision and don't regret it at all.

The only thing that bugs me about the manual handbrake is having to release it to swivel the drivers seat, I prefer a manual brake but I'm surprised they haven't managed to engineer a way around that.
Yep, i would agree with that!

I like it.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Nice colour combo.

That is one area that VW could improve on without spending a fortune. The current colour palette is tired and limited to mostly boring drab colours. Come on chaps, let yourselves go? How about something a little more indicative of the free spirited California lifestyle? Just imagine yourselves frollicking and gambolling through fields of glorious wild flowers or driving through breathtaking scenery instead of being stuck in a traffic jam on the way to the office. Come on you can do it, just get the coloured crayons out and have a go. Failing that ask your kids.
Magnificent!

Mild Hybrid to appease the VED man would have been a master stroke, but let’s face it legislation changes, its north of 800 sheets a year to tax a Cali over here.

They don't have a choice, all the problems you raise are caused by governments trying to reduce emissions and improve autonomy/safety, the increased cost is inevitable to pay for said wish lists.

Yes, agreed. I’m certainly not blaming VW for the situation.

The only thing that bugs me about the manual handbrake is having to release it to swivel the drivers seat, I prefer a manual brake but I'm surprised they haven't managed to engineer a way around that.
Maybe the Average German has short arms and cannot reach a lowered handbrake.:sorry

See that it’s now USB-C sockets rather than traditional USB-A.

For those who don’t know, the standard rectangular usb sockets that have been around for years are changing to a new type. Although these new ones are different (smaller, no longer only fit one way) they are much better once you get used to them. Just a pain whilst the industry (and us) migrate from the old type to the new.

The cup holder has moved to the dash!!

Leather / alcantara seats look good

USB C good idea!
1. This was already the case in the T6 van dashboard.

2. This looks good when new. Let's come again after 5 years and 100 000 miles.

3. Yes and no. I don't have USB-C cables yet. Just one tablet with the small USB-C cable, but the other side is still the first generation plug.

1. This was already the case in the T6 van dashboard.

2. This looks good when new. Let's come again after 5 years and 100 000 miles.

3. Yes and no. I don't have USB-C cables yet. Just one tablet with the small USB-C cable, but the other side is still the first generation plug.
1. The T6 comfort dash doesn't have the cupholders up there. they're near the gear stick/DSG lever.
I think that's a nice improvement if you can have the higher spec dash and the higher cup holders.

Yes and no. It is yet another dustbin on top of the dashboard. But on the other hand, my push out cupholder has the fun habit of rattling and squeecking beyond words when pushed out (I have the T5 Multivan dashboard). So I don't use the cupholders.
On the other hand, I can put a 1,5 liter water bottle in the bottle holder, as my dad can hardly fit a bottle of wine in his T6 bottle holder because of the bigger cupholder or dashboard layout of the T6.

Steering wheels looks better, but not sure why the dash is split down the middle...?

I'm sorry but whoever designed that dash should consider a career change. It looks like they've had a rummage in the parts bins and then super glued a bunch of random parts together.......badly.

Last edited:
I'm but whoever designed that dash should consider a career change. It looks like they've had a rummage in the parts bins and then super glued a bunch of random parts together.......badly.
Transporter design generally seems to be led by copying last year's Seat output (seriously)

Transporter design generally seems to be led by copying last year's Seat output (seriously)
It may just be me, but compared to the ordered symmetry and clean lines of the current T6 dash, that looks like a complete dogs dinner. Maybe it's seen as crisp, modern avantgarde design that today's customers are looking for, but not this one.