Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie. Order placed…

P

Patterson102

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all

Been having a look around the forum for a few weeks and have finally had my order confirmed today for a new Ocean

Took a onboard a lot of advice on here by browsing through the various threads before buying so thank you!

Order placed through AutoEbid who have put me in touch with Listers in the midlands. It’s took a couple of weeks for them to actually order due to the MY22 changeover but it’s all done! I’ve been told around an 8 month wait so not planning on picking up until at least March next year. Hopefully in time for summer if I read some of the stories on here!

Full spec below, was really torn with the two tone paint but just couldn’t justify the cost so went for candy white and will look at getting a wrap for the bottom half. Plenty of time to choose a colour etc.

It’s a big change for me as it also means having to sell my current weekend toy (lotus Elise) to pay the deposit (and get my head around the fact I’m swapping my sports car for what is essentially a van )

But with 2 young kids, family life comes first right. And can’t wait to see what memories the Cali brings!

Volkswagen California MPV M1 2.0TDI 150 DPFR StopStart EU6 Ocean DSG Auto7 

Optional Extras: Paint - Solid - Candy White : Candy White
Upholstery - Circuit Cloth - Palladium
All Weather Tyres 215-60 R17 C 109-107T - Optimized Rolling Resistance
80L fuel tank
Discovery media Pro
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System - Direct Measurement
Preparation for We Connect and We Connect Plus
17in Alloy Wheels - 7J Woodstock - Black Diamond Turned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, can we have photos please,
not the van - we know what they look like, but the Elise.

Welcome, can we have photos please,
not the van - we know what they look like, but the Elise.

Of course.

The Elise was a bit of a mid life crisis buy. Something I’ve always wanted and was fortunate enough to be able to get one a few years ago. Had looked at them for months and just kept coming back to this one car. It’s pretty unique

I had all these amazing ideas in my head of track days. Road trips…

Then kids came along. Followed by a new house etc. And in reality other than a few shows it’s hardly been out of the garage (hence the sub 5000 miles on the clock!)

It’s not really a family car!

At least with the wait on the Cali I now have a bit of summer left to enjoy it before it has to go. Luckily, also like the Cali they it’s held it’s value too. But I’ll be gutted when the time comes to part

589e168ae58dc0a264b32c3793312b51.jpg

cc1893f454247239402233ebc0b61949.jpg

Of course.

The Elise was a bit of a mid life crisis buy. Something I’ve always wanted and was fortunate enough to be able to get one a few years ago. Had looked at them for months and just kept coming back to this one car. It’s pretty unique

I had all these amazing ideas in my head of track days. Road trips…

Then kids came along. Followed by a new house etc. And in reality other than a few shows it’s hardly been out of the garage (hence the sub 5000 miles on the clock!)

It’s not really a family car!

At least with the wait on the Cali I now have a bit of summer left to enjoy it before it has to go. Luckily, also like the Cali they it’s held it’s value too. But I’ll be gutted when the time comes to part

589e168ae58dc0a264b32c3793312b51.jpg

cc1893f454247239402233ebc0b61949.jpg

Found a couple of better pics of the Elise but couldn’t figure out how to edit my above post!

Looking forward to posting some Ocean pics when it’s finally here

Roll on next summer

5f1d022e1e521311b65914fe4adc9487.jpg

b31b728868f6d94754c08edbe8b001db.jpg

5a2270906b89fdaac855f5498183bfaf.jpg

Hi all

Been having a look around the forum for a few weeks and have finally had my order confirmed today for a new Ocean

Took a onboard a lot of advice on here by browsing through the various threads before buying so thank you!

Order placed through AutoEbid who have put me in touch with Listers in the midlands. It’s took a couple of weeks for them to actually order due to the MY22 changeover but it’s all done! I’ve been told around an 8 month wait so not planning on picking up until at least March next year. Hopefully in time for summer if I read some of the stories on here!

Full spec below, was really torn with the two tone paint but just couldn’t justify the cost so went for candy white and will look at getting a wrap for the bottom half. Plenty of time to choose a colour etc.

It’s a big change for me as it also means having to sell my current weekend toy (lotus Elise) to pay the deposit (and get my head around the fact I’m swapping my sports car for what is essentially a van )

But with 2 young kids, family life comes first right. And can’t wait to see what memories the Cali brings!

80L fuel tank
Discovery media Pro

Good for you. You will all love it. I wish we had done it when the children were younger. Such a flexible machine.

Congratulations, I ordered my Cali Ocean at the start of the month with Breeze in Poole. Quoted April next year for delivery. Similar to you I’m into my cars, but what ever vehicle I looked at I kept returning California’s, I hit the order button & we’re looking forward to it.

Found a couple of better pics of the Elise but couldn’t figure out how to edit my above post!

Looking forward to posting some Ocean pics when it’s finally here

Roll on next summer

5f1d022e1e521311b65914fe4adc9487.jpg

b31b728868f6d94754c08edbe8b001db.jpg

5a2270906b89fdaac855f5498183bfaf.jpg

It must’ve been a bit cramped on that trip, especially without an awning!

Welcome and sounds a lovely new Cali, you'll have lots of fun in it.

I too told my Elise to contribute to the purchase of ours. Feels odd not having a toy car, but, given I was doing less than 500 miles a year in it means it's not too much of a miss. That said, still hanker after another so maybe when funds allow and the market becomes more sensible!

20180428_144504.jpg

This was mine on pick up day at Hoffmans, unfortunately a back injury and folding yourself in half to get in don't sit well together, so sold for something with easier access. P1010169.jpeg

Thank you all

And it’s nice to know I’m not the only one going from an Elise to a Cali. Seems to be a bit of a trend!

One more outing booked in at silverstone classic this year with the 25th anniversary lap parade so should be good (and a little for sale sign in the window)

I grew up around VW’s (my first car was a MK1 Golf) and have been getting into camping over the last few years.

The turning point for me was my most recent ‘summer’ trip. Pouring down with rain in in the middle of June. Wife and kids sitting in the car just wanting to go home whist I’m battling the wind and rain trying to but the tents up. A couple pulled up next to us in their T6 and had the kettle on before I’d even pegged the ground sheet out! I think I placed my order the next day

Hi all

80L fuel tank
Discovery media Pro

215 tyres give little rim protection, 235's do. 17" rims are 7" width.

I recently bought a rim with a 215 tyre cheap due to kerb scrapes. All 4 rims off that van had scrapes.

Welcome @Patterson102 ! I'm a former Elise owner too and current owner of a white Ocean Cali !
It's a fantastic vehicle for family trips and I also use it a lot as mobile office. I sold my supercharged Elise after having owned it for 10 years, about 110k miles and fab tracks days (too few, but Spa will never be forgotten).

In your 2nd photo I spot a sensible red SUV ... why not get rid of that and keep the Elise ?
An SUV and a Cali functions overlap quite a bit.
You can use the Cali for grocery shopping easily. Fits in most car parks....

I am fortunate enough now to have an MX5 alongside the Cali. It's way more practical than the Elise, wife can use it to go to work, I tracked it a couple of times and the running costs are much lower.
The steering sucks, but everything else is great fun - I would say as much fun as you can legally have on the road, since you can go topless and take liberties on roundabouts ....
Kids like both ...

Borrow some more cheese and keep the Elise. What do youu know about
condensation?

Welcome @Patterson102 ! I'm a former Elise owner too and current owner of a white Ocean Cali !
It's a fantastic vehicle for family trips and I also use it a lot as mobile office. I sold my supercharged Elise after having owned it for 10 years, about 110k miles and fab tracks days (too few, but Spa will never be forgotten).

In your 2nd photo I spot a sensible red SUV ... why not get rid of that and keep the Elise ?
An SUV and a Cali functions overlap quite a bit.
You can use the Cali for grocery shopping easily. Fits in most car parks....

I am fortunate enough now to have an MX5 alongside the Cali. It's way more practical than the Elise, wife can use it to go to work, I tracked it a couple of times and the running costs are much lower.
The steering sucks, but everything else is great fun - I would say as much fun as you can legally have on the road, since you can go topless and take liberties on roundabouts ....
Kids like both ...

Thanks for the replies. Another former Elise owner! Brilliant to see, there’s definitely something of a trend here. The MX5 isn’t a bad shout at all. I actually test drove one before I got the Elise.

The red Merc is my company car so unfortunately not mine to sell! That also does give me a slight headache of where to park the Cali but I figured I’ve got till next year to sort that one out

I’ve been through every option possible to try to keep both but finances just won’t allow as the PCP deal on a new Van with a decent deposit is almost a no brainer