Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie with a few questions

D

Dibble

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi there gang just thought I would introduce myself and ask a few questions. My name is Ruth I am a solo female camper from Kent I collected my lovely Cali named dibble just before Christmas. First point is I have had my spare wheel stolen I visited a friend over Christmas and it was taken while the van was in the driveway I went to drive off before realising the spare wheel frame was dragging on the ground. My good friend is going to find me a replacement I hope. I just can’t understand why someone would want just 1 wheel.Anyway that’s the negative over and done with. I slept like a baby in the upstairs bed and am loving my early days with dibble.
I know need to go and kit him out what is the club shop like for service? I need to get some carpets and seat covers. Thanks for listening I hope to make many more posts
Ruth

Service is A1 to be honest. Very friendly, valuable advice and highly recommended. They've even talked me out of buying something before as it wouldn't be very good!!

With respect to carpets, I've got Brandrup and they're very good. I have however, seen them next to the clubs own carpets. The pile on the club carpets is deeper than Brandrup. I believe the Brandrup would be harder wearing in the long term due to the shorter pile.

There are loads of threads on this forum regarding seat covers. I opted for the clubs "California", "Fake leather" ones. Truly stunning and unless you knew, would be oblivious to them being covers

Hi there gang just thought I would introduce myself and ask a few questions. My name is Ruth I am a solo female camper from Kent I collected my lovely Cali named dibble just before Christmas. First point is I have had my spare wheel stolen I visited a friend over Christmas and it was taken while the van was in the driveway I went to drive off before realising the spare wheel frame was dragging on the ground. My good friend is going to find me a replacement I hope. I just can’t understand why someone would want just 1 wheel.Anyway that’s the negative over and done with. I slept like a baby in the upstairs bed and am loving my early days with dibble.
I know need to go and kit him out what is the club shop like for service? I need to get some carpets and seat covers. Thanks for listening I hope to make many more posts
Ruth
Hi there Ruth and welcome. Sorry to hear about your spare theft, very common occurrence, sadly. First thing you need is a SpareSafe to stop it happening again. They sell them in the club shop. Their service is great.

Ruth
Forum shop comes well recommended, especially if you are a VIP as you get a good price and discounts.
You need a SpareSafe, from shop, to stop your replacent going walkies.
You might find some items cheaper elsewhere but the Shop is always forthcoming on advice etc, and being campervanners themselves know their stuff.

Thank you sir. I was thinking of the brandrup I will now have to wait and see how much my new spare wheel is first. It’s good to hear the shop is recommended as it’s a lot of money to spend.
Ruth

Thanks everyone excuse my ignorance but what is a sparesafe? Would it have saved mine?

Hi Ruth, Welcome and congratulations on your new Cali! A real bummer for your spare to get nicked so early in your ownership, ba’humbug to that opportunist thief! Hope you get it sorted soon, and for not too much money.

You’ll love your new Cali and I’m sure many brilliant experiences lie ahead for you!

Tough luck on the spare wheel theft. You could get one of these below. The tyre size may be different (you probably have 235/55/17) but as only a spare it'll serve its purpose. The overall size is the same so no problems with gearing/speedo and only use it as a get you home which you would have done with your original steel spare in place of an alloy wheel.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-...=item3f93152a18:g:pQIAAOSwYUZcGNSP:rk:12:pf:0

Welcome on board , very sad thing your spare got stolen . 4x 1spare is a set and to some worth the effort of stealing other persons things....unfortunate.
Look for a 2nd hand replacement and get the sparesafe from the forumshop.
This forum is a tresure of info regarding Cali's and always someone to give answers.
Do post a picture of your precious ...

Welcome to the forum. If you check out ebay you might just buy your own wheel back.

Thank you for all your replies . i will order up a sparesafe to help stop another wheel disappearing. this forum is most useful
Thanks ruth

Thank you for all your replies . i will order up a sparesafe to help stop another wheel disappearing. this forum is most useful
Thanks ruth
Why would VW not provide an effective lock as standard to prevent this happening so routinely, damn shame.

:welcome
Welcome Dibble sorry for your loss but congratulations on your new life.

A curse on all tea leaves......:stop

On a different tangent, How do you choose a name like that?

Ruth

Back