Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

D

Dingbat

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Hi, from "Dingbat".. located in South Wales. I have paid a deposit on a 2019 T6 California 30yr Limited Edition. Now juggling around Xmas Hols to complete the purchase. New Insurance requires Tracker fitted plus other "organisation".. hence much "ducking and diving". Looking forward to joining in with discussions. I have aIready gleaned much advice/wisdom from Members, on a lot of topics. I am an "Oldie" with long ago Caravan experience..hope I have made the right choice for future Holidaying to overcome Covid restrictions.

Hi, from "Dingbat".. located in South Wales. I have paid a deposit on a 2019 T6 California 30yr Limited Edition. Now juggling around Xmas Hols to complete the purchase. New Insurance requires Tracker fitted plus other "organisation" .. hence much "ducking and diving". Looking forward to joining in with discussions. I have aIready gleaned much advice/wisdom from Members, on a lot of topics. I am an "Oldie" with long ago Caravan experience..hope I have made the right choice for future Holidaying to overcome Covid restrictions.
Welcome :welcome . Do elaborate on the ducking and diving??

Last edited:
As I have stated I am an "Oldie"..so use of "ducking and diving" may not be appropriate...better if I say Juggling...a wait for my investments be converted to cash, then deposited in my Bank Account, paying for Cali, Insurance requiring Tracker fitted..within 7days, ( Is Tracker company available for installation?)..Road Tax will be a minor problem..ie: not paying for December month, all at a time (Xmas Hols) when all involved may/will be on holiday!

As I have stated I am an "Oldie"..so use of "ducking and diving" may not be appropriate...better if I say Juggling...a wait for my investments be converted to cash, then deposited in my Bank Account, paying for Cali, Insurance requiring Tracker fitted..within 7days, ( Is Tracker company available for installation?)..Road Tax will be a minor problem..ie: not paying for December month, all at a time (Xmas Hols) when all involved may/will be on holiday!
Ah, I see. We've all been there (Although I don't have a tracker). Nervous times, I know exactly what you mean. I remember the checklist (which also included the other 'collection' checklist.) I am sure the dealer thought I was mad tbh.

It will all come together for you, I am sure. Enjoy the anticipation, enjoy learning on here and most of all enjoy the van. Welcome again!

Ah, I see. We've all been there (Although I don't have a tracker). Nervous times, I know exactly what you mean. I remember the checklist (which also included the other 'collection' checklist.) I am sure the dealer thought I was mad tbh.

It will all come together for you, I am sure. Enjoy the anticipation, enjoy learning on here and most of all enjoy the van. Welcome again!
Thank you for the welcome Stu@rt. As I read elsewhere..many "fitfull" nights about having done the right thing..but encouragement from a neighbour has been helpful.

Which insurance are you using. No Tracker needed on mine, Safeguard. They supplied a 'DNA' marker kit last renewal.

Which insurance are you using. No Tracker needed on mine, Safeguard. They supplied a 'DNA' marker kit last renewal.
No tracker required by Comfort for our Coast either. I think there is a value threshold with them and our Coast didn't breach that.

AIB (brokers)…Aviva lnsurance was “acceptable” quote. NCB is applied to my other car. Can only apply NCB to one car! From memory l think Safeguard had age limit of 80. (Now you know what l meant by being an “Oldie”)

No tracker required by Comfort for our Coast either. I think there is a value threshold with them and our Coast didn't breach that.
Comfort offered Aviva with similar premium to AIB..my California value required Tracker

Back