Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newhaven-Dieppe good value

Larkrise

Larkrise

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We have just booked our first outing of the year to France, and thought we would give Newhaven-Dieppe a go for the first time. We go late April and back late May, two people, four hour daytime crossing, 20% off for over 60s: £135 return. This compared with £172 for the tunnel and £288 for Brittany Ferries to Caen, all for the same dates. Seems good value especially for us heading to the Loire valley.

Same here (as in New Haven- Dieppe). End may. All other routes we're prohibitively expensive. Hope this is not one of those run down ferries :) fingers crossed. Anyone who has travelled this route and can provide some information ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I use it every so often....the ferry does not handle very well in rough weather. But good value and a short crossing.

We use Newhaven - Dieppe as it's only 1/2hr hour from us. Ferry is grim so we usually get late night crossing and a cabin. Already booked our July holiday crossing and with a cabin was £249.50

Ouistreham, the Caen port is great. It's very low key and within an easy walk of the beach and bars. So if you get there early there's things to do rather than sit in the car park.

I use Newhaven-Dieppe whenever possible. It's only an hour's drive from where I live (N of Portsmouth). Always cheaper and quicker than crossing from Portsmouth. I find the ferry perfectly acceptable - can always find a seat, buy a coffee, read a book - it's only 4 hours. The cafeteria is only adequate though - I rarely use it.
At Dieppe there is a municipal camper park only 5 mins from the ferry - secure and only 9 euros per night (iirc); ideal for the morning crossing to England - arrive in the evening, park, walk to the town centre and dine in one of the many excellent restaurants by the harbour.

I used to lead an annual cycle tour over the four day Easter weekend, Paris to London. The route is 80% motor traffic free following the Avenue Verte from Paris to Dieppe and NCR 2 and NCR 21 from Newhaven to Greenwich.

The ferry is dated but good value.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I use Newhaven-Dieppe whenever possible. It's only an hour's drive from where I live (N of Portsmouth). Always cheaper and quicker than crossing from Portsmouth. I find the ferry perfectly acceptable - can always find a seat, buy a coffee, read a book - it's only 4 hours. The cafeteria is only adequate though - I rarely use it.
At Dieppe there is a municipal camper park only 5 mins from the ferry - secure and only 9 euros per night (iirc); ideal for the morning crossing to England - arrive in the evening, park, walk to the town centre and dine in one of the many excellent restaurants by the harbour.

Gets very full in summer and it's noisy if the ferry is still in the port. There is another one through the town right on the beach though and there are public loos near it as well.

Hi, the 9 Euro did you pay with cash or card ?

If cash was it coins?

Thanks in advance

Many thanks, guess I just have to make sure my cards are all working in France

price is getting up there, wonder if its because its a popular stop

Back