Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nice destinations in Italy around September and October

R

Rey Bassman

Vehicle
T6 Coast 102
Hi,

I am new in this forum and I will be traveling with my wife in Italy around September and October this year. My California Coast is on order and I will get it by the end of July 2017. We would like to visit the region of Lazio, Veneto and Tuscany. Can any of you recommended nice camping places to stay?

Best regards

Rey

Hi,

I am new in this forum and I will be traveling with my wife in Italy around September and October this year. My California Coast is on order and I will get it by the end of July 2017. We would like to visit the region of Lazio, Veneto and Tuscany. Can any of you recommended nice camping places to stay?

Best regards

Rey
Early September....Italian GP at Monza then take it from there

Hi,

Best regards

Rey
Many Campsites do close that time of the year. This link may help.

https://alanrogers.com/camping/italy/all-year

There are already plenty of threads on here. Do a search on Italy.

We found campsites in the south tended to close late September. There are a couple of good campsites on the north side of lake Trasimeno which gives good access to a lot of the famous palaces to visit in the area and they are walking distance to the village with good restaurants.

Lucca is well worth a visit, there's a municipal site there in walking distance and we had a great few days in Paestum south of Naples. Massive Roman ruins and a great site on the beach called Dei Pini.

Many Campsites do close that time of the year. This link may help.

https://alanrogers.com/camping/italy/all-year
Thanks a lot. I went to their website and there are still plenty of camping sites that are open. I wonder, the temperatures during that time are still ok. Checking the temperatures in Tuscany, they have minimum temperatures of 15 degrees centigrade and maximum temperatures of 26 degrees centigrade in September. In Lazio, the temperatures are between 23-28 degrees centigrade. What do you do if you don't find a free space, do you just park in a parking place along the highway where the truck drivers are also staying overnight?

There are already plenty of threads on here. Do a search on Italy.

We found campsites in the south tended to close late September. There are a couple of good campsites on the north side of lake Trasimeno which gives good access to a lot of the famous palaces to visit in the area and they are walking distance to the village with good restaurants.

Lucca is well worth a visit, there's a municipal site there in walking distance and we had a great few days in Paestum south of Naples. Massive Roman ruins and a great site on the beach called Dei Pini.
Thanks Bramco. Trasimeno and Paestum is down south. Maybe next year. Do you mean Lucca, which is in the region of Tuscany? If yes, this place is 20 km. northeast of Pisa and 20 km. east of the Tuscany coast.

It depends on how many days you have available ..... If I were you I would dedicate myself to Tuscany, I go there often and in September / October autumn colors are beautiful. The Pienza area must not perderla..piena of dirt roads with no traffic, with around Siena, Arezzo, Montepulciano, Montalcino, Mount Amiata, Lake Trasimeno etc ... within a few kilometers a lot of nature and art to be enjoyed. You can also stand in the farm ... and time flies ....

It depends on how many days you have available ..... If I were you I would dedicate myself to Tuscany, I go there often and in September / October autumn colors are beautiful. The Pienza area must not perderla..piena of dirt roads with no traffic, with around Siena, Arezzo, Montepulciano, Montalcino, Mount Amiata, Lake Trasimeno etc ... within a few kilometers a lot of nature and art to be enjoyed. You can also stand in the farm ... and time flies ....
Wow, I am getting excited Alter. I had a look in the internet and searched for Pienza and Montepulciano. What can I say. Bella Italia. Oh, not to mention the wine. Thanks for the tip.

If you need addresses, made to feel, hello

Download the ACSI app, lots on there, works off line so no data connection needed.

Download the ACSI app, lots on there, works off line so no data connection needed.
I want to buy their camping card but to order online is not possible. Any idea why their online site is not accepting orders?

I want to buy their camping card but to order online is not possible. Any idea why their online site is not accepting orders?

Sorry can't help you with that.
Never ordered the camping card only get the discount card but that comes on a standing order every December
Perhaps try again tomorrow:thumb

The card comes with the book each year.
Here in Belgium the are for sale in the "better bookshop" under department of the travellgides / maps and stuff...