Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nissan Michelangelo

It’s a Datsun!!!!

NV300 is a fairly new van. Not driven it but had an NV200 for several years. Loved it as very functional & reliable but not very solid!

I like the seemingly flexible layout and I am sure the Westfalia conversion is robust but the rest of the van? We have a Honda Jazz (yes I know its not a Nissan but or a van but it represents typical fare I feel) in the family and whilst it is a very nice little car all the trimmings are well, a little flimsy in places which tends to make it a bit buzzy and rattlely on UK roads. Lets hope the Nissan is better.

I would have no qualms about having a Nissan. I have an eight year old X trail and it has been a great car. It has heated leather seats, panoramic sunroof, reversing camera and is a real workhorse. My husband hates it but when there is snow on the ground, which car does he need to get out....his flashy merc estate? No, my trusty X trail :thumb

NV300 is just a Vauxhall Vivaro/Renault Trafic/Fiat Talento in a frock

I wouldnt keep my chickens in a Nissan
But there are plenty who would. If Nissan can make a four berth camper for £10,000 less than VW, it must bode well for future California owners. Real competition will bring down prices. It's not such good news for those wanting to sell their California second hand: given a choice between a £35,000 second hand T5 and a £40,000 new Michelangelo, a great many would plump for the latter.

I really like Nissan's modular approach - if only the kitchen and storage were modular too for conversion into a 2-3-3 seater it would be perfect.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

. It's not such good news for those wanting to sell their California second hand: given a choice between a £35,000 second hand T5 and a £40,000 new Michelangelo, a great many would plump for the latter.

I really like Nissan's modular approach - if only the kitchen and storage were modular too for conversion into a 2-3-3 seater it would be perfect.

I wouldnt say no to one but that Nissan will not hold its value anywhere near the same and after 3 years will probably be worth less than 20k?

But there are plenty who would. If Nissan can make a four berth camper for £10,000 less than VW, it must bode well for future California owners. Real competition will bring down prices.

Sit down, take hold and get a grip.

My husband hates it but when there is snow on the ground, which car does he need to get out....his flashy merc estate? No, my trusty X trail :thumb
And your point is madam??? :D

Ok - replace "real competition" with "budget competition".

It’s got nothing to do with price.

People buy VW campers because they are, well, VW campers.

The day Datsun outsell VW in the campervan market, I’ll bare my arse in Asda.

Well as there as many campsites in japan as in the uk & 99% of camper vans there are made by Nissan that day could be quite soon......:eek:

It's got to be Wairose. You are a VW Cali owner after all

As I really need a petrol automatic camper I have been looking at what is on the market. VW price to match Zebedee but petrol and auto is well north of 60k, Marco Polo 70k that I saw last week (looked pretty but you are going in fields after all) and some of the finishes were very flimsy compared to my Cali. I have seriously looked at Nissan online but not seen one in the flesh. I need a to swap the Cali with little upliad on the price. A joint replacement in my thumb which is some way off makes it necessary! Can’t be that bad as it has been chosen as the new New York Taxi !

I'd never do my shopping in Asda ;)

At the risk of incurring more derision, I'll add that Roy Wood Transits do modular conversions, sometimes even in a VW! :)

Is the Nissan not almost the same van as the Renault. Built in same factory??

At the risk of incurring more derision, I'll add that Roy Wood Transits do modular conversions, sometimes even in a VW! :)
Decent firm, I was impressed by their transit conversion’s.

Is the Nissan not almost the same van as the Renault. Built in same factory??
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/nv300

Nissan’s mid-size commercial vehicle, the NV300 van, is the final puzzle piece in the brand’s revitalised workhorse line-up. The NV300 shares its platform and structure with the popular Renault Trafic and Vauxhall Vivaro, as well as the not-so well-known Fiat Talento. In fact, it’s even built in the same factory as the Trafic, Talento and the non-Luton-built Vivaros, in Sandouville, France.

And your point is madam??? :D

The point that ‘madam’ is trying to make is that my Nissan is a reliable workhorse. Each to their own but I am not snobbish about my base vehicle and will go with whatever I think will be the most reliable, offers best value for money and best suits my needs. It could be the Marco Polo, Cali, Michelangelo or whatever else comes along.
I absolutely love my Cali but have to say that during my two years of ownership here had more problems than I have ever had with a vehicle in over 40 years of driving. All to do with the living accommodation rather than the base vehicle.
It does no harm to keep an open mind....

The point that ‘madam’ is trying to make is that my Nissan is a reliable workhorse. Each to their own but I am not snobbish about my base vehicle and will go with whatever I think will be the most reliable, offers best value for money and best suits my needs. It could be the Marco Polo, Cali, Michelangelo or whatever else comes along.
I absolutely love my Cali but have to say that during my two years of ownership here had more problems than I have ever had with a vehicle in over 40 years of driving. All to do with the living accommodation rather than the base vehicle.
It does no harm to keep an open mind....

Agree. I am a happy Cali owner AND I am a curious person and like to see what Michelangelo/Nissan has to offer