Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No complaints about the brakes

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Well I can report that the brakes on my Ocean are definitely working (thank god).

Proven by a German joining the autobahn straight into my lane in roadworks. Don't know how many of you have driven in roadworks on the autobahns. They don't remove the normal lane markings. They just add yellow markings for the new narrower lanes. You need your wits about you to remember whether you are following white or yellow lane markings. A car joining the motorway was following the normal white markings so wanted to use the temporary inside lane as an accelaration lane. Fortunately I was only doing 50mph but she pulled straight in front of me doing about 5 mph. I'm very impressed that 3.5 tons can reduce speed from 50mph to 5mph so quickly in the wet. :talktothehand

And is it just me or do people drive much faster and more aggresively in southern Germany than in the north?

Well I can report that the brakes on my Ocean are definitely working (thank god).

Proven by a German joining the autobahn straight into my lane in roadworks. Don't know how many of you have driven in roadworks on the autobahns. They don't remove the normal lane markings. They just add yellow markings for the new narrower lanes. You need your wits about you to remember whether you are following white or yellow lane markings. A car joining the motorway was following the normal white markings so wanted to use the temporary inside lane as an accelaration lane. Fortunately I was only doing 50mph but she pulled straight in front of me doing about 5 mph. I'm very impressed that 3.5 tons can reduce speed from 50mph to 5mph so quickly in the wet. :talktothehand
Lucky escape, no doubt assisted by DM's superhero lightening speed reactions.
Did all the stuff in the back stay in place?

Back