Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No leisure battery?

D

Dh4mill

Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
What's going on here?

I bought this "California" remotely last year, only to find out when it was delivered to me - it was actually a converted Caravelle (I'm in Belfast, van was in Liverpool).

That aside I have recently discovered that where I believe the leisure battery should be, is just an empty space!

Any ideas how I can go about fitting a lei

PXL_20220808_160123501.jpg

What's going on here?

I bought this "California" remotely last year, only to find out when it was delivered to me - it was actually a converted Caravelle (I'm in Belfast, van was in Liverpool).

That aside I have recently discovered that where I believe the leisure battery should be, is just an empty space!

Any ideas how I can go about fitting a lei

View attachment 98477

...a leisure battery?

There is wiring for a solar panel (no actual panel) but no idea how it is all supposed to work.

Thanks for any advice!!

Have they installed a leisure battery under the passenger seat? should be one there and one under the wardrobe.

What do you mean you bought it remotely?
Private? Dealer?
Something very dodgy.

What do you mean you bought it remotely?
Private? Dealer?
Something very dodgy.

Bought it from eBay, van was in Liverpool, I'm in Belfast.

Had a mechanic check it out but I suppose he wasn't looking or didn't know or suspect, or care it wasn't a genuine Cali.

I let it go at the time but wish I hadn't now.

Especially if it was advertised as a 'California'.
Yes, advertisement said 'California' I never chased it up at the time and now can't get any details from eBay or the seller. I have been trying.

Have they installed a leisure battery under the passenger seat? should be one there and one under the wardrobe.
Thanks, haven't taken passenger seat out, not entirely sure how but I'm sure could find info if I had a look.

Cheers I'll give it a try.

Has it got a single slider on the right hand ( drivers) side? Most conversions don’t

Yes, advertisement said 'California' I never chased it up at the time and now can't get any details from eBay or the seller. I have been trying.
Are they listed as private or a dealer on Ebay. Regardless you still have rights. If it was ridiculously cheap then you are ok but if you paid the full California price then not so good.

Thanks, haven't taken passenger seat out, not entirely sure how but I'm sure could find info if I had a look.

Cheers I'll give it a try.
Beware of taking passenger seat out and switching ignition on as the unplugged air bag (assuming the seat has one) will give an error message that can only be cleared by Carista or by a laptop.

A genuine cali has 2 leisure batteries, 1 under the passenger seat as said,and one in that space you have found under the wardrobe. They should be wired in parallel. I'd be reporting that eBay account as fraudulent or missing selling. Still,if done right it could be a decent buy

Might be missing all the charging gubbins as well. Choc block looks suss.

This shows a simple picture of what should be there for a single battery.
Do you have basic 240volt Mains with 12volt?

Do you have a split charge system available or is that also missing?

Minimum £500 if nothing has been installed (including battery)

I am surprised that it started life as a caravelle, they have sliding doors on both sides.

What control panel do you have for the fridge & parking heater?

Hi

Thanks for all your replies!!

There is a leisure battery I have discovered under the passenger seat.

The Control panel is there for the electric roof and fridge, the diesel heater is an aftermarket job and not controlled via the panel in the front that does the roof and fridge.

It does have dual sliding doors.

Yes, although when I discovered it was a Caravelle and not genuine California, I was disappointed, I was generally happy enough which is why I didn't pursue anything at the time. It's only been as time has gone on I've realised how shafted I've been!

(I paid £17500 - genuine Californias were a good bit higher, suppose I should've known it was too goo to be true!)

Not sure about the split charge system.

I've discovered a battery drain but god knows where that's coming from at this point!

Also there are cables and a control panel for a solar panel but it has been removed.

Whats a Choc Block?

Flog it. You may still get a good price

A genuine cali has 2 leisure batteries, 1 under the passenger seat as said,and one in that space you have found under the wardrobe. They should be wired in parallel. I'd be reporting that eBay account as fraudulent or missing selling. Still,if done right it could be a decent buy
my cali beach has just the one battery

Dual sliding doors? So one opens to reveal the back of the kitchen units?

Back