Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No more Wardrobe Shelf Kits anywhere?

2CV67

2CV67

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I know Aljo stopped selling their attractive but expensive wardrobe shelf kits some time back.
I recently contacted them, just in case, but nothing doing.

The Forum Shop had some simpler ones, but no longer?

I can't find anything at all now.
Anybody know of anything?

Thanks!

I made some up from an old MFI desk and bits of alloy.
The alloy strips are stuck to the cupboards sides with double sided sticky tape, working well now. The first attempt had the support brackets sticky backed velcroed to the cupboard but the whole lot collapsed in the heat in Spain when the glue melted. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the various suggestions!

I got the Calitop Shelf Conversion Kit #2:
http://calitop.eu/index.php?cat=c6_Shelf-Conversion-Kits-category-6.html
Easy enough to install - I just hope the self-adhesive bits stay put!
Mva280.jpg

I also added lips to the shelves in the rear cupboard, to help stop stuff sliding off.
gpg5ye.jpg

(Yes, I know I haven't removed the protective sheeting yet!)

Last edited:
Well, as half-expected, the self-adhesive bits didn't survive our first long trip.
I suppose the plastic angle brackets are too shallow, so rotate & and peel off the wall under constant load & vibration.

I made a second attempt, using deeper-section (40mm) aluminium brackets with 2 strips of 19mm high-temperature-resistant adhesive each.

e36QB0.jpg

Should be much more robust.
Time will tell...

Last edited:
IMG_0231.JPG
My new Calitop wardrobe shelves. Fitted by my lovely husband who only banged his head on the head -height storage locker 8 times while fitting them! I have a pile of bits of hanging storage things that I tried to cut to fit- I should probably stay away from craft projects!

View attachment 19008
My new Calitop wardrobe shelves. Fitted by my lovely husband who only banged his head on the head -height storage locker 8 times while fitting them! I have a pile of bits of hanging storage things that I tried to cut to fit- I should probably stay away from craft projects!

Much more useful space now, great job

Back