No oil service light yet?

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
September 2016 204 manual ocean. Past 20k and no service light on. Yet. Is this normal. I'm thinking I should get it done anyway before warranty is up. But if they service it before the light comes on does the computer know? As in will it come on after 100 mile or something daft. Unrelated but both front tyres are as bald as an egrets head. Is this normal also? Not 4 motion. Edit. 20k in miles.

Last edited:
You mean 20k miles? That is about 30k km.
Normally it is 40k km or 2 years, what comes first.
You can ask for service now, and then they reset the time/mileage counter, so you are good for another 2 years or 40k km. (at least my California)
Tyres bald can be normal if you drive sporty. My front tyres last 45k km without being bald yet.
Do you have carrier tyres or person car tyres?

Yes Miles. I just edited that bit. If it's 2 years does the time duration put the service light on then. As mines 3 year old now.? I think I've convinced myself to have a service. As for driving style yes I like to leave cars at the lights in my camper. Need to get those looked at too. More expense eh.

I'd do the service now. It is 3 years old, so oil, oil filter, pollenfilter, brake fluid must be changed.
I am the first off at the green lights too, but still manage to get quite some km with the tyres.
Oh, don't forget that I still run my first set of front brake pads after 140 000 km.
Had my rear brake pads changed at 130 000 km, after both inner pads were worn, but still half of the life left on the outer pads, due to wear on the rear disks on the inner side.
If I took you in my California to and from work, you'd be surprised how I don't wear more tyres and brake pads.

I'd do the service now. It is 3 years old, so oil, oil filter, pollenfilter, brake fluid must be changed.
I am the first off at the green lights too, but still manage to get quite some km with the tyres.
Oh, don't forget that I still run my first set of front brake pads after 140 000 km.
Had my rear brake pads changed at 130 000 km, after both inner pads were worn, but still half of the life left on the outer pads, due to wear on the rear disks on the inner side.
If I took you in my California to and from work, you'd be surprised how I don't wear more tyres and brake pads.
The van is 2nd hand so I can't say how 'the other bloke' drove. At least it looks like they've worn evenly so all good there. Cheers for the tips. I think I'll book it in. Now where is that huge 'what tyres shall I buy' thread?

The van is 2nd hand so I can't say how 'the other bloke' drove. At least it looks like they've worn evenly so all good there. Cheers for the tips. I think I'll book it in. Now where is that huge 'what tyres shall I buy' thread?
Check the Info section on the Dashboard MFD.

Back