Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No petrol California? Or Diesel engine refinement?

M

Mike Maguire

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I had no idea that VW had put a very respectable high end petrol engine into the T6, obviously not the Cali but as here ...

Bit puzzled why seemingly being withdrawn given the media beating diesels have received the last couple of years.

And disappointed not to hear of collaboration with Bosch on a greatly improved diesel injection system as floated by Bosch here ...

I had no idea that VW had put a very respectable high end petrol engine into the T6, obviously not the Cali but as here ...

Bit puzzled why seemingly being withdrawn given the media beating diesels have received the last couple of years.

And disappointed not to hear of collaboration with Bosch on a greatly improved diesel injection system as floated by Bosch here ...

They have been around for a while, on and off the configurator and have certainly been in the both the California Beach and Ocean in the past.

Probably supply and demand.

Probably supply and demand.
More likely poor sales due to high mpg.
Useful though if lots of short trip. No DPF problems.

Agree. Not enough demand.

Not the demand.
VW is not able to get the CO2 down enough to pass the WLTP tests yet.

We considered a petrol version before we bought as there were a couple of pretty keenly priced ones knocking about. Mpg expected to be pretty low as expected. Also, torque lower than the diesel versions. The final nail in the coffin of the idea for us was that there’s only an electric heater on board so you’d need to be on hookup if you needed heat overnight.

I understand the torque of the 204. Petrol is the same as the 150 diesel. I have a petrol and it does have the petrol equivalent of the diesel heater in it. I absolutely love mine and have been living in it for the past 6 weeks travelling around Portugal and Spain wild camping. No need for a hook up. The MPG is lower, I think this is somewhat offset by the advantages of a lower purchase cost and simpler engine systems e.g. no DPF, no AdBlue, no EGR, also access to those cities which are banning Euro 6 diesel already. Even the London ULEZ still allows Euro 4 petrol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh. I stand corrected about the heater. Sorry to misinform! I did find it quite difficult to find much info about the petrol one.

Back