Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No power

Haves1979

Haves1979

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Jusy arrived on site and hooked the van up to the mains. The trip switch has gone down (which i think is off) and I am unable to switch it up. The mains icon has gone from the display.

There us also a burnt smell but cant tell if it's the van or a local bbq! Is it likely to be the internal charger as hear they do this?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

Hopefully it's not the charger. There's been so many gone up in smoke over the last year. Give the charger a visual check if you can before resetting the breaker. Take a photo if you can.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Try a different charging cable?

Unlikely to be your hook-up cable as it's supplying the current to trip the breaker. Have a sniff around the charger...

Hi all, apologies for the delay hot caught up in the remainder of the holiday! We managed using the leisure batteries and the odd trip out to charge them via them.when running.

I have just pulled the charger out and it is absolutely fried - to the point I'm surprised it didn't catch on fire.. see pics.

So need to find a replacement, probably going to look at the Fraron one's I've seen elsewhere as recent googles have found too many issues with the west ones.

Another worry is now the thr eber heater is no longer working either - hoping it's just becuase I have the charger out...

Cheers
Chris

20190830_151813.jpg

20190830_131408.jpg

20190830_151758.jpg

Be a new Fraron then, they must be making a fortune