Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No Regulator for campingaz

CYCLOPATH

CYCLOPATH

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I saw this and liked the minimal idea for outside cooking, as it takes much less space than my Cadac BUT, i realise it has no regulator. It attaches straight onto the 907 bottle. Doesnt that make it very dangerous?? Or why bother withE579565F-017C-416B-929E-839A7F9307D8.jpeg a regulator

I saw this and liked the minimal idea for outside cooking, as it takes much less space than my Cadac BUT, i realise it has no regulator. It attaches straight onto the 907 bottle. Doesnt that make it very dangerous?? Or why bother withView attachment 87340 a regulator
... but I can see a regulator below that burner.

not dangerous at all as long as you put it on stable ground ... or you can get extender legs to widen the base of the gas canister.

That is just the control knob. A regulator regulates the pressure that goes to the controll knob. The pressure in the bottle can be much much higher than the regulator allows….So i now read on google.

I have something similar to that, I think it's actually by campinggaz. The burner just screws directly into the gas cylinder. I don't know how it is regulated, but it works O.K.

I have something similar to that, I think it's actually by campinggaz. The burner just screws directly into the gas cylinder. I don't know how it is regulated, but it works O.K.
Just found a campingaz super carina. Looks very similar, thanks. Does make me wonder why the cali needs a regulator, but being campingaz i guess it will be safe, thanks

It will have a smaller gas jet. Only issue is its more difficult to regulate than a low pressure with regulator design as the outlet pressure fluctuates. Its safe

I have the Carena mentioned. It is for Outdoor use only as it is a high pressure unit. 50 mbar or 30 mbar low pressure regulator is needed for any indoor gas unit. 30 mbar in Germany, 50 mbar in Denmark. Carena is fine for outdoor camping.

I have the Carena mentioned. It is for Outdoor use only as it is a high pressure unit. 50 mbar or 30 mbar low pressure regulator is needed for any indoor gas unit. 30 mbar in Germany, 50 mbar in Denmark. Carena is fine for outdoor camping.
Thanks folks. It is only for outdoor, as we have the double burner in the Cali.
thats great. Leaves more space in the van for climbing equipment

Back