Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No space for carpet under drawers?

OggSmith

OggSmith

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Looking at the drawers under the 3 seater seat there's no space for a carpet.
Is this a change on the 2016 model as I see other threads saying they've fitted the Autix Carpet with no issue.
Or am I missing a trick.

draw.jpg

Do not know on the Beach but my mat stays put when i open my rear seat drawer on my 2012 SE

I have carpets in 3 seat 2016 Beach and they are fine under the drawers. The drawers can sit on the rail above you have yours on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the drawers under the 3 seater seat there's no space for a carpet.
Is this a change on the 2016 model as I see other threads saying they've fitted the Autix Carpet with no issue.
Or am I missing a trick.

View attachment 19106

I've looked at the drawers on my Beach and there's a very small gap between the floor and the base of the drawer.

The drawer should open fine over the carpet unless you go for a very luxurious one.

You have got them in the correct slot the drawer just clears the floor there is only enough room for a thin matt or thin carpet.

WP_20170213_20_13_08_Pro.jpg
front of the seat
WP_20170213_20_15_06_Pro.jpg

rear with the door off.

Regards.

GBO

Mine work fine on my 2015, just make sure they are clear at the back of the seat drawer area.

My kitchen area floor space comprises of 3 mats bought ready made from a supermarket they are placed over the seat runners so they help stop grit,sand and what ever from entering in the grooves when the draw needs to be opened the mat nearest gets placed forward allowing the bed and draw to move freely
The mats are easily cleaned outside of the van

Not posh but maintenance friendly! :)

Alan

In the Brandrup instructions for their mat it cleary states that drawers need to be on or over their rail and not in it. Thats how we do it.

My carpets are quick thick and the drawers/trays go back under the bench without a problem but they don't sit in the rails. The biggest inconvenience is that moving the bench forward usually pulls the doors off at the back, as they catch on the carpet. Worth it though for those comfy carpets!

Mines a 2016 T6

The drawer rails look like they could be fettled to allow you to move them up enough to clear the carpet.
From looking at one of them the front of the rail has a locating pin which would need to be removed and then it would just need the mounting holes to be opened up a bit to give the required adjustment.

If I find myself in a Dremeling kind of mood I'll take them off mine and have a go...

Back