No vans

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just spent a week in South Wales around Cowbridge and up around Brecon not seen any Cali's all week apart from one going North on A34 South of Newbery as we were heading South -- has everyone put their vans away until spring.brecon.jpg

Last edited:
Not me. It stays out all year but we don't camp in it, just day trips this time of year. Roll on April.

Used daily but don’t like the dark, gives limited range this time of year.
Just enough daylight to get to Meonshore......

If you've been in and around Cowbridge then you would at least have expected to see an Indium grey Cali blasting around! Unless WG is journeying to the Arctic or somewhere.......:shocked

No I was here. Well, back and for to Bristol, Cardiff x 2 in the week, oh and in Buxton over last weekend, Oxford next weekend. So this weekend just a trip to local post office, 10 miles away, and fill up for my trip to South Hereford tomorrow. 3 yrs old now, 3 rd Service and 60,000 miles, well it will be when I get there.:thumb

Judging by our experience last weekend, they're all in East Sussex!
Too right. Why go anywhere else? It's beautiful this time of year.

Did you visit Sheffield Park?

Too right. Why go anywhere else? It's beautiful this time of year.

Did you visit Sheffield Park?
We were close by. It was spectacularly beautiful in the autumn sunshine. We grew up in Sussex (West rather than East) and it just felt like going home. Couldn't afford to buy there now, sadly, but that's one of the reasons we bought the Cali - the benefits of visiting lovely places without having to buy/rent or pay for hotels. There are some extraordinarily beautiful places in the UK and we wouldn't see many of them if we didn't have our fabulous home on wheels.

Last night was our 62nd night in the van this year. Calicap Mütze cover on, plus heater (only till bedtime) - nice & cosy.

Last night was our 62nd night in the van this year. Calicap Mütze cover on, plus heater (only till bedtime) - nice & cosy.

Hi, that’s some great usage so I’d like to know if the topper has rubbed on the paint Work at all, either on the roof or the body?
Thanks in advance

has everyone put their vans away until spring.View attachment 27316

No chance..... Was in Battlebrige (nr. Leitrim Village) County Roscommon this weekend, Fri&Sat.... Saturday was the 99th overnight for us this year.... Next weekend, heading up to Atlantic Sessions festival on the North Coast Fri&Sat, so Friday will be our 100th night in 2017.... Then have a MoutainBiking weekend lined-up of the end of the month in Rostrevor.... This weekend, we slept downstairs (in our Beach) pop-top not popped, with the heater on setting 2 all-night.... Was toastie.....

Hi, that’s some great usage so I’d like to know if the topper has rubbed on the paint Work at all, either on the roof or the body?
Thanks in advance
No, I don’t think so. We don’t use the topper every time, but I’m not sure why/how it would rub.

No chance..... Was in Battlebrige (nr. Leitrim Village) County Roscommon this weekend, Fri&Sat.... Saturday was the 99th overnight for us this year.... Next weekend, heading up to Atlantic Sessions festival on the North Coast Fri&Sat, so Friday will be our 100th night in 2017.... Then have a MoutainBiking weekend lined-up of the end of the month in Rostrevor.... This weekend, we slept downstairs (in our Beach) pop-top not popped, with the heater on setting 2 all-night.... Was toastie.....
Good stuff! I’d like to do a winter walking trip but it needs to be somewhere near a nice pub - don’t fancy sitting in the van from when it gets dark c16:00 till bedtime.

Good stuff! I’d like to do a winter walking trip but it needs to be somewhere near a nice pub - don’t fancy sitting in the van from when it gets dark c16:00 till bedtime.

Indeed.... I sat in Bernie's Bar on Friday & Saturday night just past.... There was a roaring fire, and traditional Irish music band playing on Friday, then the Rugby on Saturday.... The black-stuff, was going down nicely both nights also.... I programmed the overnight heater to come on at 23:45, so the van was nicely warmed up as I fell into it, just after midnight....

Just spent a week in South Wales around Cowbridge and up around Brecon not seen any Cali's all week apart from one going North on A34 South of Newbery as we were heading South -- has everyone put their vans away until spring.View attachment 27316
They are not all in Sussex - there were 7 VW vans at lovely Sykeside in Patterdale last weekend, 2 of them Calis. A lovely weekend despite the gale on Friday night. Very glad of the heater till bedtime but still no need of a topper - just a thick faux-fur throw over the duvet (and a warm wife). Over 100 nights in the van again this year and more to come.

Just spent a week in South Wales around Cowbridge and up around Brecon not seen any Cali's all week apart from one going North on A34 South of Newbery as we were heading South -- has everyone put their vans away until spring.View attachment 27316

I was up in Snowdonia all week. Passed through Abergavenny on the way up on the 3rd and saw a two tone Cali on the Heads of the Valleys Road coming back on the 9th. I passed a couple of Calis on my way back on the A470.

We were in and around Abergavenny last Wed, Thurs, Fri. (Blue Cali0 Camped at a CCC site in Pandy. We climbed The Skirid and Sugar Loaf in one day - hard work but worth it.

Back