Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Norway - Buying campingaz 907

California4x4

California4x4

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
I'm living in Stavanger in Norway. I have a new California and haven't yet got a gas cylinder yet. Does anyone know where I might find one to buy and where they can be swapped please? Thank you.

I'm living in Stavanger in Norway. I have a new California and haven't yet got a gas cylinder yet. Does anyone know where I might find one to buy and where they can be swapped please? Thank you.
I don’t think Campingaz sell the refillable 907/904 and901 cylinders in the Scandinavian countries as you really need Propane rather than Butane for all year use.
I thought the Norwegian dealers fitted a different gas cylinder to the California?

I don’t think Campingaz sell the refillable 907/904 and901 cylinders in the Scandinavian countries as you really need Propane rather than Butane for all year use.
I thought the Norwegian dealers fitted a different gas cylinder to the California?

Thanks. Mine is a UK California. I'll go to the VW dealership and ask them what they do. I'd be interested in anyone's opinion who have travelled with their Cali in Norway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Mine is a UK California. I'll go to the VW dealership and ask them what they do. I'd be interested in anyone's opinion who have travelled with their Cali in Norway.

I’ve been upto Knordkapp in 2015 via Sweden and this year to Tromso and down through Norway, but in May. Temperatures down to 0 or less up north, but no problems. In the height of winter though a different ball game.
Propane probably a must. Parking Heater a must probably 24/7 if camped. Water should be OK if Interior kept warm. Topper probably an absolute requirement.

I spent 7 weeks looking for a 907 gas refill in Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Despite the claims on Campingaz's website, refills are not available in "most" European countries.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Campingaz cartridges are as they are a Propane/Butane mix, but not the refillable cylinders as the Northern European countries tend to only use Propane and the 907/904 & 901 refillable cylinders are Butane. VW dealers in Norway and other northern countries fit an alternative Propane cylinder and regulator.

I spent 7 weeks looking for a 907 gas refill in Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Despite the claims on Campingaz's website, refills are not available in "most" European countries.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Thank you. From your experience, what would you suggest is a good option for gas my California? I choose to cook outside most of the time, but I would like the ability to boil the kettle whenever I fancy, especially when the weather is nasty.

615AE8DC-2E56-4BB9-8AB6-F477C9F1043D.jpeg 7EC44BAD-F72E-4FB8-9A90-59E8D68A4C4B.jpeg FF0EFCDE-BF34-4C71-AE1C-1656C172ADC9.jpeg
I’ve been upto Knordkapp in 2015 via Sweden and this year to Tromso and down through Norway, but in May. Temperatures down to 0 or less up north, but no problems. In the height of winter though a different ball game.
Propane probably a must. Parking Heater a must probably 24/7 if camped. Water should be OK if Interior kept warm. Topper probably an absolute requirement.

I found a solution. Sadly the high pressure regulator is too tall to allow the screw-on lid to be fitted so I am going without. I am closing the gas cylinder more frequently than I would with a 907 but I now have the ability to make tea.

Is that what the Norwegian VW Dealership fit?
Rather negates the Safety Gas Locker fitted by VW.

Just be careful. Gas valves can leak whether they are On or Off.

There are a whole bunch of different brass adapters/converters available on the internet.
You might be better sourcing a local cylinder that fits your compartment and getting an appropriate adapter

Hi, in Sweden I use a primagaz 2012 cylinder, fits fine, you can get an adapter for the original reduction valve or buy a new valve.
I have both a 2012 and a 907 bottle for being able to cook inside and outside. Refilling of the 907 bottle is possible in Sweden.

If it helps for Sweden, I just swapped an empty 907 for a new one in Stockholm, 15 mins from the Bredang campsite, address is : FOGAS in Älvsjö. Adress: Varuvägen 2, 12530, Älvsjö
If you got it in Sweden, have a close look at the bottom rim of the bottle: it may well be that you have one that can hold/holds propane.
Contrary to popular belief, there are Campingaz bottles that may hold propane. We sourced one in the Italian alps. Have had it for several years, and have had it refilled several times, at about €4 a time. All you need is a valve that is meant to be used with propane. A lot cheaper to have it refilled ar a gas dealer than exchange for Campingaz, AND will operate in sub-zero conditions.

There are other solutions as well that we have described elsewhere on this forum before, one can buy a refillable aluminum propane bottle the size of a 907, or a blue steel one for about €55 in Germany. E.g. here.

Hi,

We just bought a genuine replacement 907 bottle from a Esso regular gas station near
Lofthus in Norway.
I was actually having a wee and noticed the large supply DIY and metal stuff in the back of the shop and while perusing I stumbled over the 907.
I jumped for joy as our bottle was depleted.
I think the shop also services the tractor owners who need some doo-hicky for their ancient Volvos.

here in Norway I have the 2kg aga camping gas bottle with a simple regulator. Looks very similar to the primagaz 2012 Michael G mentioned in Sweden.
Can buy them/exchange for refills all over the place and fit snuggly in the compartment.

964347A8-AAC1-4BF7-92B2-2B738748053B.png

AD621C3B-E7FC-4990-97A0-5F892AB94619.png

Hi,

We just bought a genuine replacement 907 bottle from a Esso regular gas station near
Lofthus in Norway.
I was actually having a wee and noticed the large supply DIY and metal stuff in the back of the shop and while perusing I stumbled over the 907.
I jumped for joy as our bottle was depleted.
I think the shop also services the tractor owners who need some doo-hicky for their ancient Volvos.
In august 2022 I was out of campinggaz 907 on my Californië camper on a camping Lofthus. At the Esso station in Kinsarvik (near Lofthus!) they indeed still exchange campinggaz 907 bottles! Thanks for sharing!