Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Norway is shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had read my post then you would have read the government intention to impose a 4 month quarantine on those over 70 and those of vulnerability due to underlying health issues. This is probably the most draconian measure introduced anywhere on one sector of a population affected by coronavirus.

How you can accuse it of being complacent when considering telling otherwise healthy people to stay in their homes for 4 months, not a two week lockdown - 4 months, is something that I fail to understand.
Not only is it draconian, it will be mostly ineffective.
It would certainly be unfair, to say the least. I would call it criminally irresponsible and more like something the Nazis would have thought up.
The spread of the virus is unstoppable.
It must be slowed down, however, to prevent the collapse of the health care system.
Isolating the vulnerable doesn't slow down the spread. Nor will it prevent the collapse.
It just victimizes those who are already vulnerable.
Nice way to try to solve a problem...

[/QUOTE] ="Maskweech, post: 407551, member: 20941"]
It would certainly be unfair, to say the least. I would call it criminally irresponsible and more like something the Nazis would have thought up.
It must be slowed down, however, to prevent the collapse of the health care system.
Isolating the vulnerable doesn't slow down the spread. Nor will it prevent the collapse.
[/QUOTE}

As most of the health care system is taken up treating the elderly and the vulnerable why do you say keeping the elderly and vulnerable out of harms way would be ineffective?

Please do not accuse my government of behaving like Nazi's. As you have disapproved of the application of humour I can only assume you are totally serious in posting that slur.

The UK is a democracy. The government, as with Italy and Spain, cannot force it's citizens into a hunkered-down quarantine scenario without first having the legislation passed through the elected chambers. That legislation is waiting to be debated as we speak.

Please try to engage in dialogue and not in what appears to be a panic-stricken rant.

Last edited:
Sadly, Boris and Donald think Covid-19 treats their nationals differently from those in China or Italy, etc.
Even more sadly, there are many who subscribe to this nonsense.
Covid-19 doesn't wave a flag.
Only the self-delusional do.
It seems the only virus even stronger and more destructive than Covid-19 is nationalism.
One would think that the lessons from history in the mid-20th Century would be sufficient to dissuade those who are tempted to fall prey to this most insidious of national ailments, but, I guess one would be wrong...
Pity.
Your wrong. We don't eat dogs here for a start. Being proud of where your from is nothing to do with it. Clearly you are not proud of who you are. But I am a proud none dog eating English man. Thanks very much.

I agree. They need to shut down mass transit. Tube. Railway. Etc. That will slow it. Also I might get a few days off

Sadly, Boris and Donald think Covid-19 treats their nationals differently from those in China or Italy, etc.
Even more sadly, there are many who subscribe to this nonsense.
Covid-19 doesn't wave a flag.
Only the self-delusional do.
It seems the only virus even stronger and more destructive than Covid-19 is nationalism.
One would think that the lessons from history in the mid-20th Century would be sufficient to dissuade those who are tempted to fall prey to this most insidious of national ailments, but, I guess one would be wrong...
Pity.
Czech government was posing and boasting "no cases" when Italy was growing fast. They were bragging that they are more than prepared and that they don't have any problems with respirators' stock and saying those are not effective anyway.
Todays they act like blind desperate puppies. Whole country on lockdown. As of today, you are even prohibited to leave home without urgent need. They made a new rule that you are obliged to cover your face with any fabrics you can in public transport. People are waiting for 5-7 hours in hospitals with bad flu just to make the test.
They prohibited private clinics to do the tests, which volunteered to even do it for free.
But they acted same as Trump, that this is just nonsense flu. Our healthcare system about to collapse in the coming weeks.
Funny how the EU which was always about unity is now braking up. Not only each country closes borders, (which is questionable effectiveness) each prohibited export of disinfectant and respirators to other EU countries.

="Maskweech, post: 407551, member: 20941"]
[/QUOTE}

As most of the health care system is taken up treating the elderly and the vulnerable why do you say keeping the elderly and vulnerable out of harms way would be ineffective?

Please do not accuse my government of behaving like Nazi's. As you have disapproved of the application of humour I can only assume you are totally serious in posting that slur.

The UK is a democracy. The government, as with Italy and Spain, cannot force it's citizens into a hunkered-down quarantine scenario without first having the legislation passed through the elected chambers. That legislation is waiting to be debated as we speak.

Please try to engage in dialogue and not in what appears to be a panic-stricken rant.
[/QUOTE]
You are being emotional.
Better to look at the facts:
The Third Reich isolated their mentally and physically challenged.
These people were not permitted to mingle in normal society.
They proceeded to study them, experiment on them, and finally eliminate them.
The proposal in the UK is to isolate the most vulnerable and keep them from mingling in normal society while the Covid-19 virus exponentially runs its course, putting great strain on the NHS.
The result, of course, is that the elderly and infirm will be unable to get the medical attention they need, because they can't go to (already overburdened) hospitals and because there aren't enough doctors to go visit them at home.
The end result is still the same: needless deaths.
Sorry, but you're just going to have to admit that your government is on the wrong track, democratically elected or not.
Please remember that Germany was also a democratic country until the people's representatives decided to make it a dictatorship.

Your wrong. We don't eat dogs here for a start. Being proud of where your from is nothing to do with it. Clearly you are not proud of who you are. But I am a proud none dog eating English man. Thanks very much.
You may be proud, but you are also incredibly ignorant. These two often go together.
What people consider to be proper food is completely cultural. What's proper to you is off-limits in other countries, like your former colony, India.
Get a bloody grip, man!

Finland has just declared a state of emergency and is closing its borders, schools etc. Non essential travel stopped. All Fins recalled home from wherever they are in the world.

It's not n
You may be proud, but you are also incredibly ignorant. These two often go together.
What people consider to be proper food is completely cultural. What's proper to you is off-limits in other countries, like your former colony, India.
Get a bloody grip, man!
No. I disagree. But I'm assuming your a remoaner. There is nothing wrong with being proud of where you are from...you get a grip. Have you seen some of the videos from Wuhan market? Dirty dirty dog eating filthy people.

It's not n
No. I disagree. But I'm assuming your a remoaner. There is nothing wrong with being proud of where you are from...you get a grip. Have you seen some of the videos from Wuhan market? Dirty dirty dog eating filthy people.
Racist.

Around an hour or so ago I put on the tv and inadvertently caught the start if the UK No10 first daily news bulletin.
Whilst I may not always agree with Prime Minister Johnson, I found the two chief medical advisors to be clear, consistent, factually based, and explaining that, based on data from around the world plus research, there will be more measures taken as we move forward.

Around an hour or so ago I put on the tv and inadvertently caught the start if the UK No10 first daily news bulletin.
Whilst I may not always agree with Prime Minister Johnson, I found the two chief medical advisors to be clear, consistent, factually based, and explaining that, based on data from around the world plus research, there will be more measures taken as we move forward.
I too am not a Boris fan. But he does appear to be using a science based approach to this. He has my support over his actions so far to slow the spread of COVID-19.

I too am not a Boris fan. But he does appear to be using a science based approach to this. He has my support over his actions so far to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Ditto. It’s the first time I’ve observed him properly. A few quirks. But, anyone would have those. The two chiefs are amazing in their responses (my opinion before anyone radicalises me), whilst being scientists, they are able to explain the approach in ways that most understand.

It's not n
You again. Your posts really are quite dreadful. I just hope you don’t actually believe the things you write. Please don’t try to hide beside your ‘just trying to provoke a reaction’ stance like you did in earlier posts in this forum. Surely at some point you will realise that you are not showcasing yourself well and learn to be more considered in what you post. ‘Oops only kidding’ might be OK for a child but not for an adult. Just stop, think and give yourself a sense check before posting ... please, for your own sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back