Norway joins the gang.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Environmental differentiation is being introduced for vehicles passing through some toll stations in Norway. The passing fees will be based on the environmental data for each individual vehicle. Initially this will be introduced for the road toll stations in Oslo from 1 October 2017, but will also be introduced later on for other road tolls in Norway. Updated details about where it has been introduced will be available at www.autopass.no. The Norwegian Public Road Administration has, in collaboration with Euro Parking Collection plc, developed a new application where the end user can register environmental data for their vehicle(s).

Here is the webpage in English:

http://www.autopass.no/visitors-payment

It's not obligatory to register your vehicle, they will find you anyway with the bill.

Regards from Amsterdam,
Marc.
I know, but not registering could mean you are charged the highest rate and could be difficult to appeal. At least if you register they have the correct details etc: and less likely to be mischarged.
However the post was more to inform that the Norwegians are now going to charge variable tolls based on the Vehicle EU engine type.

I know, but not registering could mean you are charged the highest rate and could be difficult to appeal. At least if you register they have the correct details etc: and less likely to be mischarged.
However the post was more to inform that the Norwegians are now going to charge variable tolls based on the Vehicle EU engine type.
I recently received a bill for £33.60 for Norways tolls in June and July. I'd hoped they wouldn't bother tracking me down.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I recently received a bill for £33.60 for Norways tolls in June and July. I'd hoped they wouldn't bother tracking me down.

Oh they will. Hope you were charged the correct rate.

Oh they will. Hope you were charged the correct rate.
Even if I was incorrectly charged, £33.60 doesn't seem excessive for a road trip to Nordkapp along the coast road via Lofoten.

I have very recently (on Thursday) been overcharged for the French motorway - class 2 not class 1.

The Swedes haven't billed me for the Gothenburg congestion charge, and I haven't had a bill for parking in Bergen.

Even if I was incorrectly charged, £33.60 doesn't seem excessive for a road trip to Nordkapp along the coast road via Lofoten.

I have very recently (on Thursday) been overcharged for the French motorway - class 2 not class 1.

The Swedes haven't billed me for the Gothenburg congestion charge, and I haven't had a bill for parking in Bergen.

Göteborg congestion charge does not apply to foreign cars ... yet, so you will not one ;-).

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Göteborg congestion charge does not apply to foreign cars ... yet, so you will not one ;-).

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
I thought that was unlawful because of an EU directive that member states must not treat their nationals any more or less favourably than nationals of other member states.

Still, if the Swedes decision not to track me down saves me 9 sek, I'm in favour of them ignoring the directive.

Back