Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Norway - New T5 Cali Owner

4x4 Cali

4x4 Cali

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi from Norway. Long time forum lurker. Forum has been a great source of information for me whilst I have been looking for a Cali. Finally after a few years I have jumped in and made a purchase. 2006 T5 4motion 174hp Manual with 85,000 kms (53,000 miles). Looking forward to continuing to learn more here in the future.

California.PNG California2.PNG California3.PNG California5.PNG California6.PNG

:welcome
Hi, great stuff, your Cali looks in great condition. Enjoy. :thumb

Your new Cali looks in amazing condition. Welcome :welcome and enjoy all your new experiences.

As I understand it from the paperwork it was new in Germany in Jan 2006 and was a demo model. Was imported to Norway in June 2006 with 5,000 km on the clock. Has been owned by the same family since then. Full service history. Of course being 12-years old I expect some issues to pop up but fingers crossed.

One question - do you think that the seat coverings are original or may these have been reupholstered? I was just not sure I had seen that trim before?

One question - do you think that the seat coverings are original or may these have been reupholstered? I was just not sure I had seen that trim before?
I thought they were well fitted seat covers.

You might be right actually as now you mention it I have seen these exact type of covers before. As you can see I have not actually touched my van yet! Deposit is paid and I pick it up next week subject to the inspection being satisfactory.

Welcome, nice van and a beautiful country :)

They look like the original T5 Alcantara seats to me.

Taken from a t5 that was for sale on here, alcantara
.cali leather.jpg

Hard to tell if yours is an alternative option as mine was T4 and yours T5?

EDIT: Mine was an early T5 as I have been advised.

Last edited:
Also, I believe Non-UK specced vehicles had different trim options?

Congratulations on your new purchase! That Cali seems to be a well sorted one. As I have read about Norway, the 4x4 is needed most of the year round. Enjoy, and as always, don't forget to post pictures and take us, although virtually, on a tour if your beautiful country.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome to the group. The Cali' looks fantastic. We are hoping to visit Norway next year, so any advice would be really welcome.

Don't be upsetting the T4 crew! :eek:

It is a different shape to my T5.1 why would that upset anybody all California's are classic :confused: