Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Not quite the first post, but hello!

podge

podge

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Paul from Leicester here, been a long time reader of the forum - great site!

We have 2 young kids (5 and 2), and are in the market for a Beach to take them away and have adventures with. Considered an Ocean but it would be my main car, and didn't want to carry a kitchen around all the time.

The added sleeping space downstairs was also a factor - as was less to go wrong over the long term. We're looking to keep it for 8-10 years to make the most of the purchase

We've been waiting for my youngest to be safely out of nappies, and will then place an order for one - so looking to purchase for next year imminently!

Part of justifying the cost of one for us is the much much lower cost of going away on holiday during the summer breaks camping, rather than hotels/gites in peak season etc. The saving offsets the depreciation very nicely!

Paul from Leicester here, been a long time reader of the forum - great site!

We have 2 young kids (5 and 2), and are in the market for a Beach to take them away and have adventures with. Considered an Ocean but it would be my main car, and didn't want to carry a kitchen around all the time.

The added sleeping space downstairs was also a factor - as was less to go wrong over the long term. We're looking to keep it for 8-10 years to make the most of the purchase

We've been waiting for my youngest to be safely out of nappies, and will then place an order for one - so looking to purchase for next year imminently!

Part of justifying the cost of one for us is the much much lower cost of going away on holiday during the summer breaks camping, rather than hotels/gites in peak season etc. The saving offsets the depreciation very nicely!
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

I presume you plan on only using it for summer holidays then, rather than all year round? , and emptying it after each holiday?, because if you don't before using it as your daily drive you'll be carrying as much as the Ocean does. Also there is nothing better than a cobweb blowing walk on the beach in the winter and then back to a nice warm vehicle and hot drinks all around. Doable in the Beach but less hassle in the Ocean.
Whatever you decide seriously consider the Parking Heater on the Beach as number 1 priority. Nothing like switching on by remote on a cold frosty morning, have breakfast and then step into a warm, frost free vehicle for the commute to work or the school run.

Main car @WelshGas ...

Welcome @podge, loads to read & much of it good! :D

Will second t'other Paul's comment on heater which is optional (but essential) in a Beach. Go & have a sit / drive / look round as many as you can find & try not to get info overloaded - quite possible to take all the fun out of it before you've even started.

Thanks

We'd be using it for bank holidays / half terms in camping mode, and plan on packaging everything into large plastic containers to make it easier to unload and load up - don't see it being too much of an issue to be honest - certainly a lot less hassle than trying to cram everything into the current car when we go camping

Yeah parking heater is definitely on the list, I doubt I'd get buy in to go camping in the middle of winter from half the family but it will definitely be useful in non summer months when we go away - also for the school run in the winter it will be a winner

Pretty much there with the spec list of what we want I think and we're planning on getting one ordered for next Easter