Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Novel use for side cup holders!

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello, I am Borris's other half - his fluffier side. (Well, he is a bit lacking in the hair department!)
I find the cup holders very useful for holding balls of wool, when knitting or crocheting in the back. It saves them rolling down into the doorstep. Having recently acquired most of Borris's stepmum's wool stash, as she now gets painful thumbs when knitting, I decided to wind it all into balls to take up less space. They now sit beautifully in the cup holders and easily rotate to let out more yarn!
Mrs B
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Can we place orders?
A nice woolen scarf and hat would be perfect with these could themps.....

:bananadance2

Can we place orders?
A nice woolen scarf and hat would be perfect with these could themps.....

:bananadance2
Don't encourage her.
This square is hopefully the last for a rainbow-coloured crochet blanket/picnic rug that I started some months ago. This is square 64!
I have now started on a knitted Christmas crib set, commissioned by our 5 year old granddaughter!
Mrs B

Last edited:
Oh no! She's just got them all out, her balls of wool that is, all over the sitting room floor. I'm off! :help

Our cali (or lounge floor) is exactly the same. Although my wife does crochet some great blankets. Her latest blanket which should be ready for the weekend is orange and green in an attempt to brighten up the 'grey zone'.

Last edited:
Not knit in the Cali but for use on the bed in the Cali. Have to say I don't knit very often and anytime I've ever brought a project away with me in the van I've never found the time to actually knit so well done you.

IMG_2012.JPG

Not knit in the Cali but for use on the bed in the Cali. Have to say I don't knit very often and anytime I've ever brought a project away with me in the van I've never found the time to actually knit so well done you.

View attachment 18567
Lovely! I actually knit or crochet while we're travelling quite often, as I've not yet plucked up the courage to drive the beast. We use the Beach on 'grandchild' days and I also knit or crochet then. I think I started the crochet blanket back in June when we got the Beach - not that good going. Thanks for your encouragement.
Mrs B

Last edited:
thank you

I can see it as a great way to pass time as a passenger. However, I think my husband would agree that I make a better driver than passenger!

Your stash looks very well organised and safe when at home too.

When i should become passenger knitting would not work ,
valium would ....i like to drive myself , alltough the lady of the Hotel California is perfect driver she never has driven the Cali in almost the 5years and many trips we done....
Even when we take her car (Renault Grand Scenic ) like last newyear to the Ardeche in France , i drove the 1000km in one ride stopt twice for 15min (toilet and diesel) no knitting involved....

I thought I must have overdone the happy pills yesterday but now realised it's just that this is the most psychedelic forum thread for a while. But can someone clarify: are Borris and Mrs Borris in fact the same person?? (Admittedly, some of my posts are actually written by our spaniel...).

And what exactly is "driving the beast", in the context of knitting? Or is it a euphemism for some sordid suburban practice??

I thought I must have overdone the happy pills yesterday but now realised it's just that this is the most psychedelic forum thread for a while. But can someone clarify: are Borris and Mrs Borris in fact the same person?? (Admittedly, some of my posts are actually written by our spaniel...).

And what exactly is "driving the beast", in the context of knitting? Or is it a euphemism for some sordid suburban practice??
:shockedHow dare you! Are you accusing me of being a cross knitter? And anyway I/we live in the country.:thumb

Mrs VD is emphatic that side cup holders should be kept for Horlicks.

But could you crochet me a Cali Cosi?

Back