Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

numptie alert - autowatch ghost service mode

zinglefiffy

zinglefiffy

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello,

My vans suffered the curse of the scratchy sliding door and is going in to the dealers tomorrow. In classic numptie fashion I've left it till this late to work out how to get the autowatch ghost into Valet / Service mode. Can anyone who has done this successfully describe the steps to do so, obviously without giving their codes away etc...

I know the 'service button' and what i've tried is:
ignition on, disarm, ghost flashes twice, engine on, service button x5 - no flashes to confirm service mode
ignition on, disarm, ghost flashes twice, service button x5 - no flashes to confirm service mode

and a variety of other order of events, but none prompt the ghost to flash back five times, which the manual says is the confirmation i need to see to know its in service mode.

Hello,

My vans suffered the curse of the scratchy sliding door and is going in to the dealers tomorrow. In classic numptie fashion I've left it till this late to work out how to get the autowatch ghost into Valet / Service mode. Can anyone who has done this successfully describe the steps to do so, obviously without giving their codes away etc...

I know the 'service button' and what i've tried is:
ignition on, disarm, ghost flashes twice, engine on, service button x5 - no flashes to confirm service mode
ignition on, disarm, ghost flashes twice, service button x5 - no flashes to confirm service mode

and a variety of other order of events, but none prompt the ghost to flash back five times, which the manual says is the confirmation i need to see to know its in service mode.
On mine you depress accelerator pm me and we can chat through

My mechanic is driving my van/ghost immob' back to me now and I forgot to tell him its in service mode.. Hoping all will be ok and it dont cut out!! Think it just continues until he turns engine off if he goes over 30 mph!!!

My mechanic is driving my van/ghost immob' back to me now and I forgot to tell him its in service mode.. Hoping all will be ok and it dont cut out!! Think it just continues until he turns engine off if he goes over 30 mph!!!
Correct :)

Thanks to @gvick I got it into service mode before i left it at the dealers. Ironically this was somewhat scuppered by them driving it to the paint shop in Wigan down the M6 which, as pointed out, cancelled said service mode

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Has anyone experienced issues with servicers insisting that ghost is taken out to diagnose a problem with engine?

Has anyone experienced issues with servicers insisting that ghost is taken out to diagnose a problem with engine?
Not for the engine, but know of one T6F member who is going to get it temporarily disconnected to help rule out a battery drain issue. (no one thinks it is, but is going to for a 100% rule out)