Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Observations after a week

OggSmith

OggSmith

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi

Just thought I'd write down of my initial observations down after a week of ownership:

We've bought a 2016 ex-demo beach it's a 150 DSG with 7 seats and 8k on the clock
  • The 150PS engine is really quite quick for a van (and is feels quicker than the remapped "170BHP" conversion I rented out last year) Coming from a 143BHP normally aspirated petrol estate car I'm pleasantly surprised.
  • 7 Speed DSG is very good - last time I drove an auto it was a 1970s mini estate...!
  • Brakes seem fine.
  • ContiVanContact tyres also seem adequate - I was wheel spinning for the first few drives but I think that was getting used to the torquey diesel engine.
  • Headlights (h4s) are just about adequate (pretty poor considering the cost of the Beach really)
Can't wait to take it out for it's first proper use - but kids and myself have been ill this week which destroyed the weekends plan :Depressed

Things we've purchased for the van include:
  • Duvalays for us and sleeping bags for kids
  • bistro 300 stove (which fits in one of the drawers under the bench seat)
  • water container+kettle
  • external windscreen cover
  • mains hookup cable
Also planning to get a sparesafe & looking at seat covers (how much!) and parking heaters

When we first got the van I was thinking of buying a cheap car as well but after a week I'm pretty convinced I don't need one.

And a quick thanks to everyone who's posted here - the forums are a goldmine of useful info

:cheers

t6.jpg

Dead easy to spin up the front wheels. I had previous experience of torque Diesel so just one of the reasons I opted for 4Motion when I chose the 204 engine.
You soon get used to feeding in the power gently greatly helped in a Cali by the way it encourages a relaxed drive.
DSG is lovely isn't it
Enjoy your first outing

Edit: wish I'd had a Beach when I had a young family!

Mike

Last edited:
Enjoy........!

Sounds great - I am sure as you use it more enthusiasm will follow too :thumb

Back