Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ocean 204 dsg

Taff7996

Taff7996

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I'm going to Hereford van centre on Saturday to place an order for an Ocean 204 dsg

Which options would you say we're essential and the ones you'd wish you hadn't bothered with

My wish list so far

Z4A Lights & Vision
Fuel tank with a volume of 80 ltr
9CE Interior light concept for Camper "Comfort Plus" incl. lighting in the pop-up roof and
N7N Alcantara seat trim
Z3N 17" Cascavel alloy wheels; anthracite 7.5J x 17
ZI6 Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
9WT App Connect
4Y2 Lockable storage compartment
PAC Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) including Front Assist and City Emergency Braking (Max speed 130mph)
7X8 Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
Z1Y Side Scan with cruise control
PXE LED headlight with LED daytime running lights and tailgate with red tail lights
2MF Heavy-duty anti-roll bars (front and rear) with standard suspension and shock absorbers
1D2 Towbar; removable/lockable (incl. trailer stabilisation)
NF1 Awning (housing and rail in black)
6N2 Mud flaps front and rear
4GR Heated front windscreen
QL0 Privacy glass with heat insulation
2E4 17" chassis with 17" brake system

Bicycle holder for tailgate
Door sill guards – moulded.
Rear bumper protector – Black.
Side body mouldings.
Rear spoiler for tailgate.
Polished stainless-steel side rails (short-wheelbase)
Front window deflectors
monster mats
semi ridged boot liner

Last edited:
There are lots of other posts on this that will probably make for a good read.

I'm really happy with the ACC and Side Scan combination. ACC changes the way I drive, makes it more relaxed and I would argue safer (as long as you stay alert). Side Scan pretty much eliminates blind spots, essential imo.

I ordered the comfort mattress and sold it because there are better aftermarket options, again my opinion but wouldn't bother with it again.

If you're a smart phone user then App Connect is excellent, I couldn't imagine paying full price for built in Sat Nav. It's probably even better if you use Android as you can use Google Maps on App Connect.

Finally, I didn't order LED lights and wish I had. The standard lamps just aren't good enough for unlit roads in my opinion - really noticing that in winter when most driving before and after work is in the dark.

I added options that would make it a comfortable daily car as well as a get-away car.

I have ACC, Side Scan, F&R sesnors and camera, heated screen, HD Roll bars and LEDs amongst others. I commented only yesterday that there is nothing I would add or feel that I missed.

...message ends...

Tailgate bike rack wont fit with the spoiler.

That's ok, bike rack is more important to me than spoiler

Don't think you can have the HD Anti-Roll bars and/or Awning ex-factory because of weight issues on the 204 4Motion, as detailed by a recent posting from a Forum Member.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/anti-roll-bars-make-new-t6-too-heavy-with-all-extras.16588/
Also been following that thread. Going to be interesting to see what my replacement with 4Motion arrives with as it is evidently locked in and my order includes HD anti roll bars. No point in asking as it's not going to change anything. Latest is that I might get it in January.

Mike

On 2nd thoughts might just make an enquiry. If it's an issue I would go for the roll bars and get dealer to add the awning.

Mike

Not sure that the 80 litre tank and the 130 ACC are current options. You might want to check with your dealer. Sounds like a great spec though.

we ordered/had delivered 204/DSG/4 motion with anti-roll bars and awning with no issues. Just as well we travel light then :)
Good to know. Have you told the Poster in that other thread who was having problems?

we ordered/had delivered 204/DSG/4 motion with anti-roll bars and awning with no issues. Just as well we travel light then :)
Thanks WW. I was wondering. Will leave my dealer in peace.

Mike

Well I've taken the plunge and placed my order, very please with service at South Hereford Van centre
Had to alter my wish list some what, didn't have a blank cheque.

So I have ordered the following,

Candy white California 204 BMT Tech Ocean DSG

17" Cascavel alloy wheels, Black diamond turned surface. 7J x 17.

4 remote control folding keys

Alcantara upholstery

App Connect

Composition media system with 6.33" touchscreen

Cruise control with side scan

Tow bar removable

Front and rear heavy-duty shock absorbers and anti-roll bars

Front and rear parking sensors with rear parking camera

Front assist including city emergency braking

Front window deflectors

Front/rear mud-flaps

Heated front windscreen

Heavy-duty anti-roll bars (front and rear) with standard suspension and shock absorbers

LED headlights with LED daytime running lights

Lights and vision pack - California

Lockable storage compartment

Multifunction leather steering wheel and gear knob with audio/telephone controls (DSG)

Premium multifunction display with multicolour display

Privacy glass with heat insulation

Wing mirrors: heated ,power adjustable and power folding wing mirrors

Adaptive cruise control (99 mph)

Last edited:
Wow that what I call a list lol

lol, You should of see the young lads face in the dealership when I pulled out the spreadsheets,
I had researched it to death and even had the build codes and price for each option

lol, You should of see the young lads face in the dealership when I pulled out the spreadsheets,
I had researched it to death and even had the build codes and price for each option
Excellent. Only one observation to which someone may know the answer.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that tow bar prep was an issue for someone. Option is the removable but I appreciate it adds to the cost.

Mike

Well I've taken the plunge and placed my order, very please with service at South Hereford Van centre
Had to alter my wish list some what, didn't have a blank cheque.

So I have ordered the following,

Candy white California 204 BMT Tech Ocean DSG

17" Cascavel alloy wheels, Black diamond turned surface. 7J x 17.

4 remote control folding keys

Alcantara upholstery

App Connect

Composition media system with 6.33" touchscreen

Cruise control with side scan

Tow bar preparation

Front and rear heavy-duty shock absorbers and anti-roll bars

Front and rear parking sensors with rear parking camera

Front assist including city emergency braking

Front window deflectors

Front/rear mud-flaps

Heated front windscreen

Heavy-duty anti-roll bars (front and rear) with standard suspension and shock absorbers

LED headlights with LED daytime running lights

Lights and vision pack - California

Lockable storage compartment

Multifunction leather steering wheel and gear knob with audio/telephone controls (DSG)

Premium multifunction display with multicolour display

Privacy glass with heat insulation

Wing mirrors: heated ,power adjustable and power folding wing mirrors

Pleased you managed to rein it in:thumb

I'd have paid the extra £390 (less any discount) to have the towbar fitted.

Have asked my dealer to include the removable towbar
I have also asked the cost to add Adaptive cruise control (99mph), to the already specified front assist, city brake assist, side scan, and sports MFSW

I have added the removable tow bar and adaptive cruise control (99 mph) to my order

Back