Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean bound!

Jillops

Jillops

Chris
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Delighted to find this forum, I could spend ages here browsing around learning so much. Of course, getting myself even more excited than I already am!

My wife and I currently live in Zurich, Switzerland, and are about to take the plunge and buy a T6 California Ocean Liberty. Having been living here for 18 months now, half of the time with a car, half without, this is the obvious choice for us and our small dog to bridge the gap between a vehicle we can use as both a car at weekends and normal journeys (we don't have to commute anywhere by car for work) and then take off and discover more of Europe whenever we take vacation.

We're very lucky to have found a VW dealer just 30 minutes outside the city that has plenty of storage space, they purchased 100 Cali's at the end of last year and still have a decent amount left to choose from, in stock, about 50 units. They advertise them on Autoscout (which I think is like the European version of Auto Trader) which is how I found them.

I test drove the manual and auto, and the DSG just seemed soooo good. Specifically we're getting the 150ps FWD in Candy white (choosing the colour was not easy). Would love the more powerful 4 motion version but just can't stretch the budget that far.

Can't wait!

Welcome , many from Swiss here latley !
Did you conciderd getting a Coast instead of the Ocean , a Coast would have been my choice if i got a T6 now.

Thank you! Absolutely, I would have probably gone for a Coast to save a few $$$, but there aren't any available that I like at the moment, and I don't have the patience to wait for a new one built from scratch. So the Ocean will be welcome luxury, especially the Swiss Liberty package.

Does anyone know much about the Ocean Grey? What is that about?

What do you mean , ocean grey ...
I know Swiss gets diffrent options ( packages )also colors as the rest of Europe and in the UK there are even less ....no Coast in the UK!

Yep it seems a package deal what we never have seen on here....
The woodlook floor is so much better as the standard rubber...seen it in real life and would be on my list as well.
And it got a "BULLI" badge....:D

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
Don't forget the pictures when you have your Pride & Joy.

Welcome Chris Simkiss
Great to see more and more VWcaliforniaclub members living in Switzerland!

BTW the two tone Californias are very rare in Switzerland so I guess grey/white (?) is a special. However looks great and we monthly try to meet in Lucerne!

Cheers
sapto

Thanks guys! Well, it's done, today I signed the contract. Yipee!!! I can't believe we have finally ordered one. Just 15 sleeps to go, wow that feels like a long way away. But still recognise the fact we are so lucky to find a brand new one in the spec and colour that we like, in stock.

This is what we've ordered: T6 Ocean Liberty 150PS DSG front wheel drive in Candy White.