Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean due 1st September!

Jontymo

Jontymo

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We have completed the purchase of our 1st California this afternoon which is in stock and will be delivered for September 1st so we claim the new reg. We are getting the van delivered on the Friday previous so can play and learn the interior before getting up early on the 1st and setting of to Scotland for the best part of 2 weeks and taking our time to go round the nc500!! (Might as well jump straight in).

I have listed essentials ie gas bottle, hook up, spare wheel lock amongst lots of other bits and pieces, does anyone have any recommendations or must haves for a 1st trip.
Also have seen the seat covers in the club shop which we fancy as want to look after the interior, has anybody tried these or can recommend any others as well as mats please?

Now need a name for our van, oh and it will be my wife and me and our old doggy, kids are grown up so adults only!!

Welcome, seat covers from the shop are good just a little involving to fit.

Congrats on the new Cali! I can highly recommend the Inka second skins. See attached thread. Fantastic quality, easy to fit and great value.

Midge repellent & a bottle of whisky...

edit - You'll be just about at the end of midge season by then... just the whisky required.

Last edited:
Hi Jontymo. I am also waiting for my Ocean to be delivered. I have picked up from this forum that there could be a large change in the DVLA tax which will be payable on new Cali's registered from 1st September. I can't say that I'm 100% sure but I suggest you do a quick search and make up your mind whether it would be worthwhile to get your van registered in August.

The dealer didn’t mention anything!
Will check

Hi Jontymo. I am also waiting for my Ocean to be delivered. I have picked up from this forum that there could be a large change in the DVLA tax which will be payable on new Cali's registered from 1st September. I can't say that I'm 100% sure but I suggest you do a quick search and make up your mind whether it would be worthwhile to get your van registered in August.
The change in the tax regime will affect other camper conversions/motorhomes, the California is already taxed at this enhanced rate.

We have completed the purchase of our 1st California this afternoon which is in stock and will be delivered for September 1st so we claim the new reg. We are getting the van delivered on the Friday previous so can play and learn the interior before getting up early on the 1st and setting of to Scotland for the best part of 2 weeks and taking our time to go round the nc500!! (Might as well jump straight in).

I have listed essentials ie gas bottle, hook up, spare wheel lock amongst lots of other bits and pieces, does anyone have any recommendations or must haves for a 1st trip.
Also have seen the seat covers in the club shop which we fancy as want to look after the interior, has anybody tried these or can recommend any others as well as mats please?

Now need a name for our van, oh and it will be my wife and me and our old doggy, kids are grown up so adults only!!
"heading up the west coast, called her Dignity" ... (Deacon Blue, Riki Ross)

We pick ours up in September too! Are the Inka seat covers waterproof ? And where do you stash the fire extinguisher? Thanks.

Spent a fortune!

Ordered the seat covers, spare wheel lock and small carpets for the steps from the club shop, full carpet set from QTM, dubflecktas and loads of the smaller items.
Not sure whether to get a steering lock or not, any suggestions?
Excitement is building, it is going to be a long 2 weeks.

I went for August registration as I use a private plate so did not make a difference to us

I went for August registration as I use a private plate so did not make a difference to us
Ours would have been ready mid next week, and to be fair will have my private reg put on it at some point, we just decided to wait 10 days for the new reg for the sake of it and the fact we are going straight up to Scotland for 2 weeks on the 1st

Ours is called BOB !

Spent a fortune!

Ordered the seat covers, spare wheel lock and small carpets for the steps from the club shop, full carpet set from QTM, dubflecktas and loads of the smaller items.
First thing I bought was a Disclock !

Oh wow! Exciting!!
Seeing that you will have your Cali before the reg arrives the best way to see what you need is sleep in it on your driveway or somewhere suitable. Have your breakfast in it, invite someone to tea/dinner and see how you get on. Make notes about what you need to back to the house for and find a solution for the cali. We did just that when we first had our Cali two and half years ago.
Good luck and enjoy!

Spent a fortune!

Some use the pro lock elite, we have the Maypole steering lock from the club shop.

Oh wow! Exciting!!
Seeing that you will have your Cali before the reg arrives the best way to see what you need is sleep in it on your driveway or somewhere suitable. Have your breakfast in it, invite someone to tea/dinner and see how you get on. Make notes about what you need to back to the house for and find a solution for the cali. We did just that when we first had our Cali two and half years ago.
Good luck and enjoy!
Never thought of that, neighbours will love it

Spent a fortune!

we bought Stoplock pro elite ... bright yellow good visual deterrent, not too heavy to handle , reasonable price and pretty good safety rating ( none of them will stop pro thief)

There are so many things! Some of our essentials:
Packing cubes to help organise your clothes are a massive help to us, and very cheap.
I love our silver screens front windscreen cover as well. Makes it really dark inside and of course keeps heat out and in at different times.
Boxes for the kitchen cupboards: we have curver type ones but many use Kubis from Ikea.
Wind out awning tie down kit to keep it steady in higher winds.
Enjoy the maiden voyage.

GTI covers in a black Cali plus black carpet.
Took 4 hours and the odd scrapped knuckle but well worth it IMO.
Dust pan and brush (at least daily) and lives under drivers seat with first aid kit.
Ikea drawer organisers.

14C79FD4-FEA3-4641-801C-C6044E4B0C16.jpeg

7F26077D-98F7-4391-985A-1D899D369F08.jpeg

7164B608-2111-41BF-9178-DD64F685F706.jpeg

AC602721-1E80-47E7-B73F-2ECE1288D3B8.jpeg

9E5A35CB-DEA1-41FA-B90C-9C21C1519CBB.jpeg