Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean features I would have on a Beach

F

flymartin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
On Friday I had my 22 Beach in Breeze Poole for a small fix and they lent me a new Ocean for the day. I went down to Branksome Chine and worked-from-van for the day. Afterwards my wife asked my whether I wished we had an Ocean. No! We need the 3-seat bench. Obviously Beach vs Ocean has been argued to death I know, but a few thoughts on Ocean features I would like in my Beach:
- the new roof canvas! It is very luxurious compared to the older one - smooth, white and Lycra-like on the inside- and super-taut
- the Ocean rear speaker bar thing
- the Discover Pro screen. It is much higher res than the best-available screen in the Beach - BUT how do you live without a volume knob and dedicated buttons for Radio / App / Car ??!
- electric sliding door! Who knew?! After one day with this I was converted.. although I bet the beeping makes it tricky to sneak out for a wee in the night without waking everyone else up

That’s it. Hopefully VW will launch a BOcean to my specs soon :)

- the Discover Pro screen. It is much higher res than the best-available screen in the Beach - BUT how do you live without a volume knob and dedicated buttons for Radio / App / Car ??!

If you use the "home" screen you can have Radio / app and car as separate tiles all showing at the same time, you don't need a dedicated button to get to each function.
Don't forget you can also chooses which of those you want displayed in the main instrument display as well.

Radio volume - I just tend to use the steering wheel controls & don't miss a volume knob.

Sink
Fridge
Hob
Cupboards
Wardrobe
You can now get a Beach with a hob :)
The Beach with the 2-seater bench has a great storage cupboard as well.
One thing I would like to see on the Beach is the rear roof storage locker. Oh and a multiflex board that lifts up to make a day bed

I’d like the safari opening front on my beach! Happy with everything else and prefer stuff not being fixed so I can use my sink, cooker, fridge and hob inside or outside, which is generally where I live when camping. I’ve not tried the leccy door but it would need to do something special to warrant a beep.

I’d like the safari opening front on my beach! Happy with everything else and prefer stuff not being fixed so I can use my sink, cooker, fridge and hob inside or outside, which is generally where I live when camping. I’ve not tried the leccy door but it would need to do something special to warrant a beep.
+1 for being able to use the kitchen outside as well. I’m in the process of designing a portable slimline kitchen unit for the 4-seater Beach for use inside and out .

Back