Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean/SE Roof Support Frame – part 5; #7H7 067 071

JaneJ

JaneJ

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Post for future reference.

There is a small black plastic protective clip at the lower end of the long downward arm on each side of the hydraulic bellows mechanism (part 5 in the roof support frame diagram). Ours recently came off causing a disconcerting bang as the roof closed and the part was snapped in two.

The VW part number is 7H7 067 071; kindly supplied as a bespoke item from the club shop. It must be the cheapest thing VW sell at £1.50 each!
Two second job to clip on the replacement.

7H7067071_insitu.jpg

RoofSupportFrame_PartsDiag.jpg

7H7067071_missing.jpg

7H7067071_part5.jpg

how do i order this ? do i phone up ? email ? might try ringing VW parts tomorrow

Just email or phone the club shop. Shayne is very helpful and will bespoke order and post them out to you. When they’re in he’ll let you know to call the shop to pay by card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just email or phone the club shop. Shayne is very helpful and will bespoke order and post them out to you. When they’re in he’ll let you know to call the shop to pay by card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ok cool thanks.

Should there be a bump stop fitted in this hole too. I read on the Facebook page

FB_IMG_1600046434525.jpg

well i just rang VW + sheffield. they were very helpful when i finally spoke to the parts man. and are posting the bits out to me. i don't think my roof has ever had those bump stops in for as long as i remember but it definitely moves around when driving so hopefully this cures it

@flying banana , my 2012 T5 does not have rubbers in that hole (both sides ) and don’t remember having them . Below in that same arm yes .
I also noticed on a T6.1 in the rear arms there’s a rubber that my T5 not has
Picture taken in a showroom
ADDD77F2-F3E6-4EAE-ADBE-F43A6B356DA7.jpeg

@flying banana , my 2012 T5 does not have rubbers in that hole (both sides ) and don’t remember having them . Below in that same arm yes .
I also noticed on a T6.1 in the rear arms there’s a rubber that my T5 not has
Picture taken in a showroom
View attachment 66237
i reckon lots have gone missing and people don't notice. but it must steady the roof because i have bits of protective tape at the front and it keeps coming off due to movement. hence why i investigated. those t6.1 bumpers look quite substantial.
someone on face buck found these in their roof and was asking about the holes.
they seem to be shown in the drawing too at the beginning of this thread.
seems to me though they aren't really missed. bit like the bumpers on the bed frame.

bumps.jpg

Heres my receipt from a very helpful vw sheffield. This confirms the part numbers. A quick call and chat and they were posted out to me

20200917_132924.jpg

I wonder if that one on the T6.1 is to resolve the banging roof and finally do away with that section of air hose on the hinge

Back