Best VW California Dedicated Forum by Miles :)
  1. Next Club Meets

Dorset Meet - 28th Sep - More Details Here
    Shop Open Day/Camping - 10th Nov - More Details Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ocean TSI 204 DSG - specification - Comments welcome

Discussion in 'Buying a VW California' started by DaNish, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Carolinegallen

Carolinegallen VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Cali On Order
    Year:
    I have the shower. Good for dogs, especially at the beach, stand them on a mat or towel, as I find lots of sand is a nightmare and gets everywhere. I also think the shower will be good for rinsing us off after the beach when we go to France ... I'm hoping if the weather is warm the water will be tepid rather than cold!
    I also have the heated windscreen. I had it in my Skoda and loved it, so it was a must option on the van. In the frosty weather we have had, it melts the ice in seconds . No need for scraping or de-icer It is also good if there in condensation on cold mornings.
    I wish I'd opted for the extra set of keys, as I'm terrible with keys.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
  2. Roger Boeken

Roger Boeken calisutra VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
    Year:
    1. It is important you choose whatever you want and cannot be installed after the cali leaves the factory.
    2. Some options are very expensive but normally you will pay this amount with a loan with monthly payments.. this will not be the case if you buy it afterwards.
    3. The car with all its factory options will be insured. I doubt anyone tells the insurance company their car has raised value because of options installed afterwards..In case of (total loss) accident or theft all the aftermarket options will probably not be insured.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. DaNish

DaNish VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 204
    Year:
    I love all the arguments because that clarifies why some options are important to different people. And then you can choose for yourself what’s important to you.
    Before I made my list I got a lot of information from other threads in this forum and now this discussion put the final details in place.
    Most options are not about what is right or wrong, but what works for you.
    I will now wait for delivery and put all the stuff to good use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I Like That! I Like That! x 1