Ocean worktops scratched

• Thread starter MauriceG’Rage
  • Start date
M

MauriceG’Rage

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
We've just bought a secondhand Ocean. I realised that it would be "lived in" already looked at how we can spruce it up a bit - the kitchen worktops are scratched and we've got a set of aftermarket covers on the way which should do the trick, but the metal edging is also scratched which we can't cover up. The question is . . . is this a solid metal strip, or is it plated? I would like to think I can polish the scratches out if it's solid - or just live with it if plated.

Pretty sure it's just painted. You could repaint or get it wrapped.

We've just bought a secondhand Ocean. I realised that it would be "lived in" already looked at how we can spruce it up a bit - the kitchen worktops are scratched and we've got a set of aftermarket covers on the way which should do the trick, but the metal edging is also scratched which we can't cover up. The question is . . . is this a solid metal strip, or is it plated? I would like to think I can polish the scratches out if it's solid - or just live with it if plated.
The front (and back) edge frames of the hinging glass fridge, hob and sink tops are (on our 21-reg. Ocean) silver-painted aluminium castings.

See pic’s in my post about wrecking the hob glass!: